Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where the blank are you NC people???? NC has a lot of places to ride so where are you guys/gals? I'm just over the line in Myrtle Beach SC and go to Busco Beach when I can but I never see anyone posting anything in this section anymore. I unfortunately was unable to attend a Father's Day weekend event they just had (family vacation-had a RV spot reserved and all :-( ). Great place, little bit of a free for all there though most times, which can be good or bad depending on the rider types out that day. Some friends of mine from around the Dillon SC area attended and had a blast. Few minor issues here and there, line into the park, high river flooding a few good areas, etc. a few minor disputes among riders (more than likely alcohol related) but over all they said it was a great weekend and issues where minor compared to the fact that IT WAS THEIR LARGEST EVENT YET........AROUND 10,000 PEOPLE ATTENDED. Yes that's right, around 10,000 attendee's. WOW!!! Guess Colt Ford making an appearance kinda helped out, lol. Won't miss another event like that again. Anyone who went please post up some news and pics/vids if you have them, that is if there is even anyone who reads this section anymore. Busco Beach is also a big supporter of Can Am by the way. Get out there and show them You'r support especially now when places to ride are getting harder to find. Much thanks to the owner of Busco for changing his plans of building his dream house on the land years ago and instead sharing it with the public and giving us a place to play.

·
Footy
1,500 Posts
NC here too near Charlotte. A long wat from busco but from the pics I have seen it looks like that place is under water. Not really what I am into. I prefer WV or brown mtn or brushy mtn.

·
Registered
84 Posts
NC here too near Charlotte. A long wat from busco but from the pics I have seen it looks like that place is under water. Not really what I am into. I prefer WV or brown mtn or brushy mtn.
I go to busco fairly frequently. Im in va but only about 2 1/2 hours from b/b. Just curious when you say brushy mtn, where is that? I ride at a place thats called brushy but I doubt its the same thing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
how much riding is there for atvs at uwharrie? I would be willing to make the trip but never talked to anyone that goes there.
Not a good atv trail system. The local 4x4 clubs really frown on any off trail riding. At the rate they're putting up guardrail, the entire trail system should be railed up by next year. I go there to watch the drunk 4x4's driving around. It's only 45 mins from me. I think total trail miles are around 28 ish. Don't ride on the service roads (50$ ticket) and they will catch you.

Unless you lived close by, I'd hit caw, outback or brushy.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Goldsboro NC here, I live like 10 mins from busco beach entrance. Tons of rain here lately and the place is really muddy includeing the drag track, lots of flooded trails as well but still fun as hell.
how do you have your can am set up? just wondering if you mud ride or what. I will let you guys know next time I head down for sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
how do you have your can am set up? just wondering if you mud ride or what. I will let you guys know next time I head down for sure.
Really havent done much to my can am besides some rims and a little bigger tires. I normally trail ride and really not into the deep water holes i see most guys rideing threw with snorkels. My plans are to add a BBK 975 and get it tuned so i can play on the dragstrip a little. I normally bring my raptor 700 and race a little as well.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I am roughly 40mi south of Charlotte in Lancaster, SC. Let me know if anyone wants to plan a trip to local ride, maybe Brushy or CAW.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts