Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner

What do you do for a living??

22K views 140 replies 110 participants last post by  vlord1450 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I remember this thread being pretty popular on dootalk so lets give it a try... just give your job title and a brief explanation of what you do.. its pretty interesting to see what our fellow riders do, and gives young riders like me another way to open their eyes to the many different jobs out there that i might not even know about yet.. im in that time in my life where im finishing up my associates in criminal justice and am also taking a landscaping and motorcycle repair technician course and trying to decide whether i should get a job at a local pd or maybe get a 4 year degree... im currently employed at a wal mart distribution center in johnstown, ny and dont get me wrong it pays good for being in college, but defiantely is not a career option for me..

lets see here em!!

ben

See less See more
#3 ·
Electrical engineering tech,
Now a field engineer for a large oil and gas service company.
sledding is my main pass time, quading and dirt bikes second but a blast too.
sounds like a good job, i here yea sledding is my #1 as well but wheeling and dirt bikes are sitting there in second... something about the thrill and freedom of being able to go basically anywhere on a sled plus nothing beats the rush of getting into a rev 800 coming out of the corner!!!

thanks for the response, keep em coming, you gotta do something besides riding to have all these nice toys!!!

ben

#4 ·
Tech Professional for a large Drilling Fluids company. Used to be a "Mudman" in the field and before that I was a Surveyor for 14 yrs (lots of quads, LOL). Mountain Sledding is still my #1 passion but the quadding is slowly creeping up to be as cool, thanks to the larger HP of the quads these days.

#5 ·
I am a service manager for a small family owned oil company. Worked for many years as a technician before being demoted into the role of the boss.

When I am not at work my #1 priority is my wife and kids, I use my quad and my sled to blow off steam as needed.

Jerry

#6 ·
Owner/Operator of 2 Vacuum trucks in Northern Alberta for oil/gas rigs. Since it a loooooooong breakup i help my old man with his Glass business. We do any vehcle installations/residental/comm/siding on houses and many many many more.

I wont show my sled on here, since you guyz will show me up. All i can say it my 121 short track has the top speed.

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Small business owner in a northern Canadian town of 2400. I offer full service Automotive and Heavy Equipment repair, tires, parts, etc.
Like KingQuad, my priority is wife and kids and I get to choose my customers and hours I work to ensure this happens.

I rediscovered Ski-doo's and quads a few years back and spend lots of times on the trails with my family and friends.

#15 ·
lots of opportunities with a criminal justice degree.
I picked up my BS in CJ back in 99.
Now, I'm the program manager for the CyberTipline.

www.cybertipline.com

and i run a project called netsmartz411

www.netsmartz411.org

both are a part of the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children. If you're in the US, I bet you get our "have you seen me" flyers!
now that you say that i do remember seeing those flyers. at the distribution center i work at they are all over the bulletin board and i see them at the thruway stops here in new york,, pretty cool stuff....

ben

#10 ·
I am the VP of a Telecommunications company.

I install business telephone systems, paging systems, fiber optic and cat6 cabling, and a 10yrs or so of network administration. I spend most of my time not at work with my daughter and we like nothing more than heading out for a weekend of wheelin/camping.

#11 ·
nice lot of different jobs here keep em rolling in... also love the sleds as well so far!!! mine is a stock 04 renegade x 800 only things i did to it so far is a 8 inch bar riser and thats bout it for now...

yea im going use my CJ degree to get me a decent paying job on a local police force and then on my spare time try to get my own little landscaping and lawncare business running... will see how it works....

ben

#12 ·
My wife and I own and operate our own poultry farms.We raise just under a million kgs of chicken per year.

#18 ·
We will probably be down your way in Nov, we ( ok the wife) like to go to Dolly wood, and do the Dixie Stampede everyear right be fore christmass, so you have to tell me, should I take a longer trip and bring the ATV's with us??
Wolf

#19 ·
Electric Engineering Technician for a Dept. of Energy contractor. Took me 30 years to get my degree but I sure am glad that I did.

Sold my sled (PoPo 700 RMK) when I moved to New Mexico from Idaho and got into ATV's. Sure is nice to ride them year round...

#22 ·
Hi all. I'm a Rig Manager (Tool push), I take care of a 2700m telescopic double. When I'm not on the rig,
My family is #1 and most of my non work time is spent with them but when I'm on the trail I ride a 07 Renegade.

#25 ·
My wife and I own an insurance agency. Mon-Fri, 9-5, gives us lots of time for sledding, quadding and camping. 400 Max getting traded off as soon as the '08's are out!!!

#26 ·
yea ive been interested in starting my own company as well but would first like to get my feet planted first with a steady income maybe at a local pd working nights or weekends at first... plus id like the retire after 20 yrs. with pension benefits. anyways you guys are doing good, but theres still a lot of people yet to post it up.. come on now guys!!!

ben

#31 ·
very good to hear... what dealer you work at?? im taking a class in motorcycle repair now and am looking into doing an internship around where i live.. not really sure if im going to make it a career but i hate being bored and love to ride all sorts of toys so might as well have the know how to make em faster and fix em...

ben

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.