Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a can-am 450 outlander 2021 and it's making a strange noise. I don't know if it's normal since I haven't owned a ATV for a very long time but it sounds off to me. I was just curious what you folks thought.

·
Super Moderator
2,901 Posts
Little bit hard to tell if that's a normal amount of noise, as the sound can be amplified through the camera.
The noise you are hearing is clutch rattle and to a point, it's normal.
How many miles/klm does it have on it and has it played in mud?
I would service the clutches and make sure nothing extra is going on inside the cvt.
Google clutch servicing Can am, but make 100% sure you are viewing a 450cc motor, as the proceedure is different to the larger V twin engines.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Little bit hard to tell if that's a normal amount of noise, as the sound can be amplified through the camera.
The noise you are hearing is clutch rattle and to a point, it's normal.
How many miles/klm does it have on it and has it played in mud?
I would service the clutches and make sure nothing extra is going on inside the cvt.
Google clutch servicing Can am, but make 100% sure you are viewing a 450cc motor, as the proceedure is different to the larger V twin engines.
I just got to 100 miles and its hasn't been in the mud just dusty trails

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Definitely sounds very rough, i would check to see if there is a clamp looses some where, sounds like mine if an exhaust clamp or heat shield clamp becomes loose and starts to rattle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts