Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all — new here so please remove my post if it doesn’t belong in this section.

Can-Am Outlander 570 xmr
There is fluid (I suspect oil) spitting from where the front manifold meets the rear manifold. I suspect oil because it doesn’t have a scent and it seems slow to dry up.

I’m also having a lot of issues with throttle lag...it mostly sat for the winter, and when I was getting it ready to ride realized it is very slow to respond from a dead stop and doesn’t seem to kick in until around 5mph. It doesn’t seem to accelerate the way it should and tops out around 30mph. Checked spark plugs, replaced gas and ran some sea foam..noticed the leak when I removed the heat shield.

Any advice is appreciated!

·
2,865 Posts
Has the bike ever been on it's side?
If so, then you possibly have engine oil in the airbox.
I'd also suggest that your acceleration problem is clutch related. Service your primary clutch and see if that makes a difference.
There are plenty of Youtube videos around showing you how to do it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply!
I’ve never had it on its side, but I didn’t sink it in some pretty deep mud the last time I really rode it...When I was test riding yesterday, I realized that if I stop on a slight incline I can’t get any power without going into low.I’ll look into the clutch!

·
2,865 Posts
Been sunk in deep mud.........sat over the winter.........then I'd say your primary clutch is locking up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Read my post on can-am forum. Sure sounds like front cylinder is not firing. The unburt fuel is leaking where your manifolds meet. That is why it has no power.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts