Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for help i can’t get it to start off the start button Everytime I hit the start button my fuel pump runs and the starter relay makes a clicking noise, I’ve done changed all the relays in the front fuse box and the rear also have a new battery and new solenoid on it I can cross the solenoid and it fires up no problem but when I start it the kill switch won’t shut it off or the key

·
Super Moderator
2,901 Posts
It would help a little if we knew what "it" was and the year "it" was manufactured.

·
Super Moderator
2,901 Posts
First thing to check is battery terminals. Clean the cable lugs and battery terminals with emery cloth and make sure they are tight.
Next I'd check and clean the main frame ground connection. It's located on the RH side of the battery, behind the voltage regulator cover. Just follow the neg cable from the battery if you can't see it. This terminal needs to be clean and tight. Don't just say it looks clean, physically pull it apart and clean it.
Then, I'd check and clean the engine ground cable. It's located on the RH side of the engine, sort of opposite the starter.

Don't do too many things at once, or you'll never know what actually caused the issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First thing to check is battery terminals. Clean the cable lugs and battery terminals with emery cloth and make sure they are tight.
Next I'd check and clean the main frame ground connection. It's located on the RH side of the battery, behind the voltage regulator cover. Just follow the neg cable from the battery if you can't see it. This terminal needs to be clean and tight. Don't just say it looks clean, physically pull it apart and clean it.
Then, I'd check and clean the engine ground cable. It's located on the RH side of the engine, sort of opposite the starter.

Don't do too many things at once, or you'll never know what actually caused the issue.
Thanks man I will go clean them and see if that helps

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
i would say your start button housing needs replaced, its fairly common on the G1 machines. mine did the same thing, it started out being intermittent but got progressively worse over time till eventually it would not start at all. its a simple plug and play swap and i think the whole harness was only $85 bucks or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts