Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy's ,

When changing brake pads , Is it protocol to change front /back same time ? My front pads are telling me it's time for them to retire. Was wondering if i have to/should do the rear pads as well. 2010 outlander 500..

Thanks

·
Mr Fix It
3,903 Posts
Not necessarily protocol, but good practice. The rear pads may or may not wear as fast as the front, it's all related to hire the operator uses them. If done with the front, then you always start of with new pads all around and there is no need to worry about the rear independently.

If they are in good shape, I throw them in my spare parts box because there always seems to be someone that needs parts on group rides.

Sent from my left handed typewriter connected to the www thingy with a phone cord and duct tape.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok , I was on the fence with this.. I have a beater upper po po here that i let my daughters and grandkids use instead of mine.. I did the front pads on that, then eventually had to do rear soon after.. i should have just done at the same time..After learning that lesson i should have known this answer..

Thanks for the knudge

1 - 3 of 3 Posts