Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
To the PIN & GRIN!
6,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy's,

I am very happy with how my oil cooler kit perform's. If I was to put together a kit, would you be interested?

It drop's engine oil temps by about 30 degree's thus taking a bunch of strain off of your cooling system.

Attachments

·
Team Bad Company
4,020 Posts
I'd be interested, I like the remote oil filter like the kit you got.

·
To the PIN & GRIN!
6,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's a picture where I mounted my cooler but may change the location to work with the stock CVT snorkel?

Also, it would not include a check valve or temp gauge, there is no need! Keep oil cooler and add an extra quart!

Attachments

·
To the PIN & GRIN!
6,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I plan on routing and running it in a different location with a different cooler!

They do work very well though.

·
Team Bad Company
4,020 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hi guy's,

I am very happy with how my oil cooler kit perform's. If I was to put together a kit, would you be interested?

It drop's engine oil temps by about 30 degree's thus taking a bunch of strain off of your cooling system.
I saw a oil cooler kit online, in passing on some web pages. Help me out a little Kevin, what are the pro and cons of adding this to my machine???

·
Team Bad Company
4,020 Posts
I saw a oil cooler kit online, in passing on some web pages. Help me out a little Kevin, what are the pro and cons of adding this to my machine???
The pros is the additional engine cooling with running the oil cooler. Running in hot weather and/or at slow speeds increases engine heat. The oil cooler will help fight engine heat. Also anytime your oil is cooler your going to add to the life of your engine. About the only disadvantage is the added time required to warm the engine up in cold weather. Another problem may be the additional lines may not always be protected.

·
Registered
643 Posts
X2..prety ignorant eh?
That was a little uncalled for. He was asking about making these kits and I wanted to let him know that the same place where he gets his adapters he can also get the kits.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
That was a little uncalled for. He was asking about making these kits and I wanted to let him know that the same place where he gets his adapters he can also get the kits.
haha, yeah right. so you wanted to let him know that he could sell your kits for you? mean while not promoteing your site and stuff, in a "gohard raceing" topic. since your not a site sponor i guess you wouldn't be doing that....i must be mistaken.

·
Banned
2,531 Posts
drop the adaptors GHR. engine oil does not cool the engine significantly. if you were pulling a trailer or not living in Canada it MAY increase oil life, not the engine. but GHR runs Amsoil anyway so there is little use for an engine oil cooler.

if engine temp is a problem, as in a Big Bore kit, increasing the engine cooling capacity would be much more effective.

go ahead, make my day!

·
Registered
301 Posts
drop the adaptors GHR. engine oil does not cool the engine significantly. if you were pulling a trailer or not living in Canada it MAY increase oil life, not the engine. but GHR runs Amsoil anyway so there is little use for an engine oil cooler.

if engine temp is a problem, as in a Big Bore kit, increasing the engine cooling capacity would be much more effective.

go ahead, make my day!
x2 willy i agree oil is not the primary engine cooling medium, yest it cools but not nearly what the cooling system does. The only reason i could really see running one is under heavy heavy loads.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
x2 willy i agree oil is not the primary engine cooling medium, yest it cools but not nearly what the cooling system does. The only reason i could really see running one is under heavy heavy loads.
X3....if it needed it, brp would of added it. i have pushed 4000km on my mine now without. but, no cooler is part of the reason we MUST run quality synthetic oil, so it will stand the constant heat.
i would be more interested in a nice set of guages, and a handy way to mount/install. water/volts and oil presure

·
Banned
2,531 Posts
I tried drilling 4 1/8" holes in the t stat. I let it run until the fan came on. It took almost a 1/2 hour. Much longer than before. I also add a cooler in line with the rad which helped. I rode Sun with 2 other 800 and my fan cycled alot less than theirs and for shorter times. Im going to make some skirts from a light rubber to make cleaning easy. Here is a pic of my cooler

This post has been edited by f419sr1: Sep 3 2008, 12:14 AM
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Rim

the BBKs need something more like this.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts