Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Can-Am Outlander 400 EFI MAX XT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2008 400 Outlander Max XT HO. The push button at the top of the display does not respond at all. And the High and Low gear position does not show on the display either, only P,N and R. Think the two problems are related? Read about possible wiring connections may be the issue but not sure where to start to look. Any help would be appreciated, ty

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just found out a lot of owners having same problem. BRP put a newer version of the button. To check if it is the button that failed, use a strong enough magnet and pass it over the button, display should change. It did on mine so I ordered a new button, part # for my atv is 710001473, about $17.50 cdn.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I get my new set button, I'll install it but pretty sure it'll resolve the issue. I used a magnetic parts tray, put it over the set button repeatedly, and each time the display changed, trip 1, trip 2, hours clocked, etc.
I found this info on another site which I will not specify, prolly against this site rules.

·
Super Moderator
2,913 Posts
Back then, there was a recall for the button on the digital dash. I had it done to my 09 Outty.
I now currently have and 07 Outty that I rebuilt from a farm wreck.
The speedo is pretty beat up and sun damaged and it was missing the bezel and button. I didn't want to spend the money on a replacing the dash, so I simply have a magnet glued to a stick and use that to scroll through the menus.
I just carry the stick on the ign key ring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Back then, there was a recall for the button on the digital dash. I had it done to my 09 Outty.
I now currently have and 07 Outty that I rebuilt from a farm wreck.
The speedo is pretty beat up and sun damaged and it was missing the bezel and button. I didn't want to spend the money on a replacing the dash, so I simply have a magnet glued to a stick and use that to scroll through the menus.
I just carry the stick on the ign key ring.
Wonder how long the recalls last but then again, being the second owner, the recalls prolly doesn't apply. Always wondered why, other than the purchaser, some recalls are nullified.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts