Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 450 and it has no power to the key, i checked only the red, red with green and red with white stripe’s and they look ok from bat to fuse box. Could the speed sensor be bad and not detect neutral? But I don’t think it would be that since i still don’t get power when i press the foot break. What else could keep power off? Tried new battery too

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had a speed sensor go out and over time it got worse and worse over the coarse of a ride it it eventually would not start. spark plugs, wires or coil pack may be worth looking at.

here is a free link to manual, the 450 is in there and could help.
I have had a speed sensor go out and over time it got worse and worse over the coarse of a ride it it eventually would not start. spark plugs, wires or coil pack may be worth looking at.

here is a free link to manual, the 450 is in there and could help.
Alright this should help and thank you 25th infantry. I checked main wire’s to fuse box and got good continuity with no resistance so it look’s like something should go on like fuel pump or speedo but nothing happen’s with new battery, all fuse’s are good in fuse box and the 30 amp’s and switch good. 🤔

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think i found the culprit hehe just a key switch broken, some conductors are missing and sign’s of ground on it. Am i gonna have to have it reprogramed if i have to change with new key?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts