Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07 Outlander 800 that is of course a bottom feed and I would love to know if anybody on this forum or know anybody else that has swapped to a 09 up tank and pump. The pump in my 07 has kicked the bucket and when I pulled everything out the pre filter or fuel strainer (as I call it) has completely deteriorated and can not be purchased separately. I work at Advance auto parts and have went through the books and have looked at every strainer we have in stock and haven't found anything that remotely resembles the stock strainer so I figured now would be a good time to swap out for the new style if possible. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Have you tried can am parts guy or anyone that sells used can am parts? if you go to the 09 or up tank your going to lose 1 gallon capacity from 5.3 to 4.3. just something to think about. i just bought the 08 tank and pump to switch mine over to the bottom feed system so i could gain that extra gallon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i went to the dealer and ordered a new tank for my 07 800 that i melted a hole in it with my exhaust

they have updated the tank and the pump comes with the updated tank

think it was around 450 for everything

moves access to the pump to just under the seat

the sales men ran the pump price at 400 if bought sepertly

fit perfectly just my fuel sending unit not reading properly

may be from analog dash to digital

tested it and its sending a signal just not working properly on the fuel gage

hope this helps

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have you tried can am parts guy or anyone that sells used can am parts? if you go to the 09 or up tank your going to lose 1 gallon capacity from 5.3 to 4.3. just something to think about. i just bought the 08 tank and pump to switch mine over to the bottom feed system so i could gain that extra gallon.
guess iam gona have to run the tank dry to see just how much it takes now

pored some in from gas can then filled

really dont know how much of a difference it is

did notice the tank to be a little further from the exhaust pipe though

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
guess iam gona have to run the tank dry to see just how much it takes now

pored some in from gas can then filled

really dont know how much of a difference it is

did notice the tank to be a little further from the exhaust pipe though
Is your old tank still good? Wanna sell it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts