Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hey Tim (spydrNB) did you ever contact State Farm in Saint John to see if they will insure you? Any word on a delivery date for your bike? Are you having it shipped down or going to get it and ride home?
I did not check with State Farm but probably should. I expected to hear something by today from them but nothing. I will be calling tomorrow. Still have not decided about how to get it down yet. My brother wants to go get it with an enclosed trailer he has but I am not sure yet.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I did not check with State Farm but probably should. I expected to hear something by today from them but nothing. I will be calling tomorrow. Still have not decided about how to get it down yet. My brother wants to go get it with an enclosed trailer he has but I am not sure yet.
When I get the call that my bike is ready I'm taking a bus or train to Quebec City and just going to take my time coming home, making frequent stops at some of the hundreds of small towns along the way. I'll drive for an hour and vary my speed and then take a break for a coffee or gas, just to give the engine a change of pace.

What part of SJ do you live in?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
When I get the call that my bike is ready I'm taking a bus or train to Quebec City and just going to take my time coming home, making frequent stops at some of the hundreds of small towns along the way. I'll drive for an hour and vary my speed and then take a break for a coffee or gas, just to give the engine a change of pace.

What part of SJ do you live in?
I live in Quispamsis. Being able to take your time travelling home like that you must be retired?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I live in Quispamsis. Being able to take your time travelling home like that you must be retired?
I was born and brought up in SJ and moved away when I was 20. I retired when I was 48 so I have lots of time and no clock to watch. I was an air traffic controller for 25 years in Moncton Center and now my oldest son is one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I was born and brought up in SJ and moved away when I was 20. I retired when I was 48 so I have lots of time and no clock to watch. I was an air traffic controller for 25 years in Moncton Center and now my oldest son is one.
Wow good for you. Was that a typo saying your oldest is one?
I take it you know G. Landers. I grew up in Grand Bay. I am 39 with three kids 17, 14 and 8.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just received your email from Mar 12th this morning. I bought it from Cal Jet in Toronto and the GM there I dealt with is Paul. He was very good to deal with and is certainly willing to sell you one. He was very helpful when I was making my decision and at minimum worth giveing a call too.
I hear what you are saying about the minimal maintenance hopefully this will need in the first year. There is alot of technology in this bike and I am trying to make sure that I dont void warranty if i have a non authorized Spyder dealer touch it. With BRP just because they are a dealer for BRP with other lines does not guarantee them the Spyder dealership. I am assuming though the Moncton location will be one. My luck they change the oil and the engine blows.
As you can see there is alot of talk about availability and this month is supposed to see many deliveris but they have been interrmittent and I have not heard from Paul yet so may give him a call today and check in. When you call him just tell him you were talking to me and I am certain he will answer all your questions.
Hey there spyderNB,have you heard from Cal Jet.He e-mailed me and said it will be in around April,I ordered 22 Jun 07..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hey there spyderNB,have you heard from Cal Jet.He e-mailed me and said it will be in around April,I ordered 22 Jun 07..
Called him tonight actually and was getting a similar message. No exact date but said next few weeks he is due in some deliveries. Too much snow and cold weather to drive anyway I guess.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
No typo, my oldest is a controller, he's 38 this year. Sorry I don't know G. Landers, I grew up in the South End.
Well that is a gap and I am sure you are enjoying it.. G Landers is an Air Traffic Controller in Moncton as well since the early nineties. I lived in Riverview for 6 years on Callowhill. Moved from there in 98 back to SJ.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Well that is a gap and I am sure you are enjoying it.. G Landers is an Air Traffic Controller in Moncton as well since the early nineties. I lived in Riverview for 6 years on Callowhill. Moved from there in 98 back to SJ.
G. Landers may have just been a trainee when I was getting ready to leave so I wouldn't have met him. The air space is divided into High Level (29,000 ft and above) and Low Level (below 29,00 ft) and he may have been a Low Level trainee and I worked High Level so I wouldn't have been working in the same area of the building. Plus we had a crew system so he could have been working on the days I was off. I'll mention him to my son Jay when I talk to him today.
I used to live on Kerry Ct, not far from Callowhill when I first moved here and then a house on McAllister. Now it's just the wife and me so we bought a new 2 level 1700 sq. ft condo in a new development across from Point Park.

·
Registered
345 Posts
My son Jay just left and he and Graham have gone fishing in Maine together and they are good friends. He tells me that I would have met Graham before I left but I hate to say that I don't remember him. I probably would recognize him if I met him again.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hi Tim.

Any word on your Spyder from your dealer? How about insurance, who are you going with?
Are you buying a vanity license plate if so what are you putting on it?
I'll make sure I don't use the same thing if I decide to get one. I don't know what the Suzuki dealer owner is going to use, probably HITEC. He was supposed to be getting 2 bikes, one for himself and one for the shop guys to go over and learn all about the bike in case he does get to be the dealer, this will give him a jump on things. I imagine the 2nd bike will become his wife's.
I forgot to ask, what color are you getting, mine is going to be silver and black.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Hi Tim.

Any word on your Spyder from your dealer? How about insurance, who are you going with?
Are you buying a vanity license plate if so what are you putting on it?
I'll make sure I don't use the same thing if I decide to get one. I don't know what the Suzuki dealer owner is going to use, probably HITEC. He was supposed to be getting 2 bikes, one for himself and one for the shop guys to go over and learn all about the bike in case he does get to be the dealer, this will give him a jump on things. I imagine the 2nd bike will become his wife's.
I forgot to ask, what color are you getting, mine is going to be silver and black.
Unfortunately I could not convince myself it is the right time to buy as I was not comfortable with the no dealer thing near us. I have decided to postpone my purchase until next year. Very disappointed but just not comfortable. I had purchased a vanity plate all ready and actually have it in my possession for the Spyder. The plate says SPYDR.

Best of luck with yours and look forward to seeing them on the road. I am certain you will enjoy it thoroughly.

Tim

·
Registered
345 Posts
Unfortunately I could not convince myself it is the right time to buy as I was not comfortable with the no dealer thing near us. I have decided to postpone my purchase until next year. Very disappointed but just not comfortable. I had purchased a vanity plate all ready and actually have it in my possession for the Spyder. The plate says SPYDR.

Best of luck with yours and look forward to seeing them on the road. I am certain you will enjoy it thoroughly.

Tim
Sorry to hear this Tim. I'm going with the glass half full, I won't have any great problems and Hitech will get the dealership this year. Did you lose your deposit?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Sorry to hear this Tim. I'm going with the glass half full, I won't have any great problems and Hitech will get the dealership this year. Did you lose your deposit?
I was told by both the dealer and BRP that I would not but we will see.

Hope you enjoy yours. If you ever down in SJ with it and are by Moosehead drop in so I can take a look.

Tim from IT.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.