Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IN the spring I was told by the local Can Am dealer that I needed a new throttle cable, now I'm informed that the machine has EFI, no throttle cable. Do I need to have it serviced by a dealership?

·
Super Moderator
2,901 Posts
Your machine isn't fly by wire EFI, so you have a throttle cable.
Before condemning the cable I'd look at the throttle body first. Is it clean around the butterfly?
I have had a 2011 Outlander suffer from a jammed shut throttle and it turned out to be that the idle set screw had rattled out and the butterfly was able to fully close and jam.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your machine isn't fly by wire EFI, so you have a throttle cable.
Before condemning the cable I'd look at the throttle body first. Is it clean around the butterfly?
I have had a 2011 Outlander suffer from a jammed shut throttle and it turned out to be that the idle set screw had rattled out and the butterfly was able to fully close and jam.
The throttle won't move in freezing weather. 2 winters ago i bailed out as it froze open when i was going to use it to pull a fishing boat onto land. After hitting a small tree the left rear wheel came off and itt flipped on its side. I didn't get it going until spring. I want to solve this problem so I can use it in the winter hopefully for snow removal. I need to ensure it's covered as well. I need to build a shelter until I can build a shed to house my sleds and quads. I bot some vice grips bc one of the machine bolts on the throttle housing won't move, I've used silicone spray and allen wrenches but it won't budge so i'm going to reef on it and see what happens. I need to see inside like you say. I have a guy who's handy with quads but not certified. It's annoying that certified mechanics aren't up to snuff on products only they sell in a small market. I have to travel 400 km return to access their service. I need to learn small engine mechanics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts