Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
You're right .... they are a must have.

I have a pair from Kewlmetal.com and they will be hard to improve on. Price of $119.95 is fair.

Of course, everyone won't buy from them since everyone doesn't know about them so there should still be a market. Depends on who promotes them the best.

And ........... if a pair could be made that will work for considerable less $$$, then all bets are off!!

Shawn ... I haven't installed mine yet and if you would like to take a look at them I would be glad to loan them to you as long as you promse to return them!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right .... they are a must have.
I paid close attention to the mirror position on the Homecoming ride. I did see some of my gloves in the mirrors, but if adjusted well, it really wasn't an issue for me. I think it must depend upon how people sit and possibly their size

In any event, I know some are buying them and I asked BRP and they currently have no intent on changing their design.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Certainly the position is not ideal but again - would not be one of my top priorities, I fitted small convex "blind spot" mirrors in the outer corner of my Spyder mirrors to broaden the field of view. They work OK and cost $5. Also they don't alter the Spyders appearance as the Kewlmetal ones do. I tried ordering some of the spider web covers for the radiator outlet from Kewlmetal. They advised me a price and taklked about freight but subsequent emails have gone unanswered. I think dealing with me in Oz was all too hard.

I have thought a couple of times of selecting a few products like this and bringing them over is small numbers to see if the local Spyder owners would support it (not to make any real money out of it, just to have the products available) . I have the spare cash to bankroll some stock. The problem is I don't have contact with all the Spyder owners here yet - but that should come with time.

One of the other things that interested me was the adaptor to fit other handle bars. I would love to have my bars an inch or so further back. Even better would be some way of getting the position back and inch or so without changing the appearance of the bars as the Kewlmetal kit does.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I paid close attention to the mirror position on the Homecoming ride. I did see some of my gloves in the mirrors, but if adjusted well, it really wasn't an issue for me. I think it must depend upon how people sit and possibly their size

In any event, I know some are buying them and I asked BRP and they currently have no intent on changing their design.
Marc, I agree with you 100%. When I had the factory Spyder for four days in May, I was expecting the mirrors to be almost unusable, after some of the stuff I had read in the forums. Much to my surprise, I found them absolutely fine. I guess if one is accustomed to riding a sport or sport-touring bike, as opposed to driving a car, the mirrors seem completely familiar, and I thought they gave an excellent and almost complete view to the rear. We all shoulder check as well, right? Hopefully no one is relying completely on their mirrors to assess threats from behind. I am pleased to see BRP is staying the course on this one.

Bruce

·
Registered
421 Posts
'BINGO' .... If you had met me at the homecoming you would have known why I need the wide mirrors!! Probably not a large (
) market for them?!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.