Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
I got the mirror extensions and installed them today. I think they do improve visibility and are worth the money. A high quality product made in Prescott Arizona, not China.

Bryan

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got the mirror extensions and installed them today. I think they do improve visibility and are worth the money. A high quality product made in Prescott Arizona, not China.

Bryan
Ditto, they improve visibility for me too, however (isn't there always a however), I street park my Spyder (have the outside cover for it), and I found that the screws provided have started to rust after a couple of weeks. Not good!!!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Ditto, they improve visibility for me too, however (isn't there always a however), I street park my Spyder (have the outside cover for it), and I found that the screws provided have started to rust after a couple of weeks. Not good!!!!
You sure it's not the stock bolt that's rusting? I just looked at mine and the bolt that is provided by Kewlmetal is stainless but my stock bolt is showing signs of rust.

·
Premium Member
5,300 Posts
You sure it's not the stock bolt that's rusting? I just looked at mine and the bolt that is provided by Kewlmetal is stainless but my stock bolt is showing signs of rust.
I don't know, I thought others said they weren't stainless. Maybe not everyone got the same

·
Registered
237 Posts
I don't know, I thought others said they weren't stainless. Maybe not everyone got the same
Anything Kewlmetal is either chrome or stainless. That's the way it has been for years so I don't think they changed the program now. If you click on my pic you can see that the stock mirror bolt is showing signs of rust.

·
Premium Member
5,300 Posts
Anything Kewlmetal is either chrome or stainless. That's the way it has been for years so I don't think they changed the program now. If you click on my pic you can see that the stock mirror bolt is showing signs of rust.
Maybe they just had a mix-up in what they sent out. Glad you got stainless.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Maybe they just had a mix-up in what they sent out. Glad you got stainless.
I love the extensions but the problem with the mirrors is from BRP not building them right. They only adjust out far enough to see a few inches past your arm. They should adjust to see your blind spot!! I think they owe us a re-design for a poor quality and un-safe rear veiw mirror!!! ??? The arm angle is fine as far as cosmetic looks go but the mirror sits in a housing that is positioned to much towards the driver with not room to push the mirror to the outside, thats some enginers fault not ours!!! and I say again " A Safety Issue"

·
Registered
193 Posts
I love the extensions but the problem with the mirrors is from BRP not building them right. They only adjust out far enough to see a few inches past your arm. They should adjust to see your blind spot!! I think they owe us a re-design for a poor quality and un-safe rear veiw mirror!!! ??? The arm angle is fine as far as cosmetic looks go but the mirror sits in a housing that is positioned to much towards the driver with not room to push the mirror to the outside, thats some enginers fault not ours!!! and I say again " A Safety Issue"
I noticed this, too. Wish they had given us another 1/8". That would have done it. I may attach some convex spots. Could put them where I see my hands, without losing a thing.
-Scotty

·
Registered
993 Posts
Yes I agree we should not have to have an extra expense. For something so simple & needed for Safety.

·
Registered
165 Posts
just got my extentions on. they definatly improve visibility. They don't look to bad either. i took a pic of the difference with one on and one still stock.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
Being 'chromed' doesn't necessarily mean they are 'chrome' in color. I highly doubt they changed the screws they are sending out.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Sorry I'm so late about answering. But the Screws that Kewlmetal sent me were not chromed!
I just talked with Matt at Kewlmetal and on this product they went with the same grade of bolt and color to match the stock bolt. I'm sure they will send you out some stainless bolts if you call them and tell them that you cover your Spyder and it tends to hold in the moisture.

·
Registered
165 Posts
i noticed that too. Some pics i saw the screws were silver. Mine are black. They must have changed them. I hope mine don't rust!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yeah, that would not be good.
No it's not good but like I said before my stock bolts are rusting but I haven't lost any sleep over it. I don't see it as a big deal, it's holding a cap and I'm sure it would cost less than a buck to replace them with some stainless bolts from your local hardware store and if they call Kewlmetal they would send them out some for free.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts