Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
EDITION # 53
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my mirror extensions and installed them in about 45min THERE GREAT! can see much better
now instead of looking at my shoulders

·
EDITION # 53
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i must state after using the mirror extensions for 2 days now

these are a must have.big points from the wifey
:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
just got my mirror extensions and installed them in about 45min THERE GREAT! can see much better
now instead of looking at my shoulders
Hi Phil. I'm new to the forum. I just got my Spyder #1887 here in Ottawa, Canada, and I was wondering if you have any pictures of your mirror extensions? I've been reading about how bad the original ones are, and since it is still too cold to ride here, I might as well get them changed before I even ride. Appreciate the help.
Sean

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
I got my Mirror Extensions today - pretty easy install - but the plastic bushing was pretty tight on one side!

Here are some pics - they did a really nice job with making these look like they belong.

A couple of concerns:

1. The plastic cover pieces that were on the front are removed because they won't stay in place like before. I think I'll silicone mine back in to cover that area again.

2. It sure seemed like I had tighten them a TON to keep them from moving. Before you couldn't move them because of the way they fit in and the small plastic pieces actually wouldn't allow you to move them forward.

While I like the idea of being able to move them - snugging them down so tight seems like it might stress the fixture a bit - and I believe it is made of aluminum.

Other than those concerns - they really look sharp - and I can see MUCH better behind me!

Attachments

·
EDITION # 53
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got my Mirror Extensions today - pretty easy install - but the plastic bushing was pretty tight on one side!

Here are some pics - they did a really nice job with making these look like they belong.

A couple of concerns:

1. The plastic cover pieces that were on the front are removed because they won't stay in place like before. I think I'll silicone mine back in to cover that area again.

2. It sure seemed like I had tighten them a TON to keep them from moving. Before you couldn't move them because of the way they fit in and the small plastic pieces actually wouldn't allow you to move them forward.

While I like the idea of being able to move them - snugging them down so tight seems like it might stress the fixture a bit - and I believe it is made of aluminum.

Other than those concerns - they really look sharp - and I can see MUCH better behind me!
same here had to tighten a lot but have'ntmoved yet .. thats what i did was use a little black silicone
to put plastic back on ..ditto on i can see muchbetter now.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I purchased also. Great for better rear vision. Once again BRP couldn't get it right from the start.
So if they couldn't get it right from the start....why do you own a Spyder??? IF it is not right, then why buy one at all?

If something does not meet your specifications, or you think it needs to be improved, why do you just throw generalized broad statements out there. Apparently they did get the computer systems right, or the inverted trike look, or the fact they got a great proven engine....oh, let me guess, since it is only a 990 and not a 1490, they didnt get it right either.

Geeze.....dont make broad statements like that for just a few little things.....

·
Yellow # 409
1,865 Posts
Just a different view point, the issues with the mirrors is much the same as other similar complaints. It is a small minority that seem to have these issues, and my take is that they are "side mirrors" not rearview mirrors.

I have no issues with them, and as I have always done on any motorcycle, check behind the Spyder by turning your head.

·
Registered
40 Posts
They come in a small box, shouldn't be that bad to ship
I've set back and read posts on here for a long time, and havent commented much however; I dont understand some of our fellow spyder riders here. We all love our spyders, or we wouldnt of bought one or would have sold it by now. A couple of people on here are so quick to jump on someone's posts with a sharp tounge. This forum has been great for new ideas and problems that have popped up. If a lot of people havent seen the need for the mirror extentions they wouldnt have been fabracated. I'm sure the only thing he meant by "couldnt get it right" is that BRP has been in the R and D stage of this wonderful product for 10-12 years, and you'd think that some of their riders would have suggested a small increase on the mirrors as the view hits most of us around the elbow. The other inch or two would make much clearer of a view. Do I think the extentions are a plus? Yes. Will I buy them, No. As I feel it wouldnt look as nice as the stock one. Would I purchase a whole new extention from BRP that was an inch or two longer? Yes. Would look stock and much better than extentions. I guess some people are just always looking to start an argument.
Its nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

Take care

1 - 20 of 64 Posts