Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!I need help! I have a 2010 renegade 800 I do Ice drags with it.Seems that it has a governer at 77mph?I need more speed can anyone help?Dose it have a governer? I cant stand to be beat by a kid on a yfz 450!!

Mods:

full muzzy exhaust

muzzy efi controller

fox podium shocks

stock tires studed

·
Mr Fix It
3,903 Posts
Sounds like you are hitting the speed limiter.

There are a couple options for removing the speed limiter - Tune Monster and a SpeedoHealer.

If you want every ounce of power thats left on the table with tuning, need more RPMs and not short on cash, the Tune Monster is the way to go. Some consider it pricey at over a grand, but it gives you the abilty to control it all. I'm a firm believer - I own one.

If you want something more economical and made to fit the bill, a SpeedoHealer wont' break the bank, but will get you past the speed limiter and won't stop until you actually power out, or find the RPM limiter. I'm also a firm believer of these as I owned two (Version 3, then Version 4.0) before getting the Tune Monser which I bought strictly for tuning purposes. My quad still has the speedohealer installed, but it's for correcting the speedometer for different size tires. I now have units made specifically for me and am a distrubutor for the SpeedoHealer units.

Another thread was recently started asking almost the same, but for a different machine.

http://www.can-amtalk.com/forums/topic/32096-hitting-the-speed-and-rev-limiter/

·
W. F. O.
5,318 Posts
your also limited to 8250 rpm.. you really have to get rid of both if your serious.. now also just the mods you have won't give you the power needed to get to way higher speeds...
depends on what you want in a top speed..

you say ice drag racing? if thats correct then who far do you guys drag race then? quads usually is 300 ft.. i have heard of a touch larger but 300 is the norm...

·
Registered
138 Posts
I am doing the same thing in a few weeks as I did last year I have the same problem and was wondering if there is a way to have the ecm flashed to the race flash? If anyone know please post asap for I am almost out of time to tune. Also wondering if you made any clutching adjustments canamracer420?

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I am doing the same thing in a few weeks as I did last year I have the same problem and was wondering if there is a way to have the ecm flashed to the race flash? If anyone know please post asap for I am almost out of time to tune. Also wondering if you made any clutching adjustments canamracer420?
The race flash was designed for a specific kit on a pre 2008 engine. What you don't know until after is that it disables your idle valve and fueling is programmed with the older, smaller injectors. This makes it way rich everywhere and then needs a fuel controller to remove fuel. (if pc5, it kills throttle response). It also removes some limp home and code settings that notify you of overheated engine etc. (removes the safety feature of it)

You do get a 9000rpm rev limit and whatever speed limit. But its not worth the trade for the newly introduced headaches. And worse overall running.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
You can give me a call, or if you even got Skype, I can answer any questions about the Tune Monster ecm. And show you the software etc. Everything is preset, except you just need to autottune the fuel tables for your engine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts