Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Yellow # 409
1,865 Posts
How about a higher riser? Did BRP stop at 1 inch for a reason
This is just from my experience after installing the Zumo 550 on the handle bar cover, and I have the 1" riser installed.

Any additional height/angle more than the 1" riser will case issues, the cables that release the trunk/seat are currently rather maxed out for length. Also the hose for the clutch cylinder is rather to the max, so for the "average" owner adding additional height/angle could be a challenge.

·
Yellow # 409
1,865 Posts
Strange because the posts from the Kewlmetal guy says that with a little "rearrangement" the standard cables etc are usable on theirs.
I did not check every cable or the possibility of doing it, but if it is possible, it will be a bit more than just a "little re-routing" in my opinion, for what ever it is worth. ;)

I would suggest before investing in anything, do a tear apart and see what will be involved.

·
Yellow # 409
1,865 Posts
Just my first impressions,I know when the Spyder trailer hitch on eBay was being discussed, Lamont was one of the people that thought it should have some tests for strength and reliability and a few thousnad miles of testing before being marketed.

Now he goes and designs and builds this system and I'm sure it will be marketed. For me I would want to see some sort of tests done on this design, this is rather a critical modification for someone to just toss together in a home shop.

·
Yellow # 409
1,865 Posts
I would prefer doing it with a complete new one piece handle bar, attached to the stock yoke, to me that would the best way.

I see some product liability with that design, also it is not going to be an easy install for an average Spyder owner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts