Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm going to buy a bbk for my 1000 and my deciding factor will be the bore size available and gasket type. Whats the largest bore size in the conventional style gasket before going to the phuzion 2 piece style gaskets? I dont want the 2 piece over priced($140 each retail) style. Is 97mm the biggest? What brands of gaskets are there just cometic? What about a copper style. Are wire grooves required cut in the cylinders to seal a copper style?I dont mind a little seepage just dont want to tear the heads off a million times changing them out all the time for a complete blow out.

gasket cutter set
The subject of head gaskets for the 1500 SOHC has been a big topic for a long time. With so much discussion about so many aspects of it, now I don't recall the answer to the following question for sure. The use of a 14 bolt gasket on a 10 bolt application. Any reasons why it might not work correctly? Or reasons why not to do it? I know it has been done, but don't remember if there were any down sides to it. Thanks for the input.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts