Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having nothing but problems with my 2020 Outlander 570. Lots of pressure builds in the gas tank after riding for a bit. When I shut it off I hear this weird humming sound coming from my atv. I twist off the gas cap and so much pressure comes out of the tank. I even had gas shoot out all over me. This problem started happening right off the dealer floor. On a hunting trip I had my fuel pump go out ruining my first week hunting out of state. I went through hell trying to fix it while on vacation. This shouldn’t happen to a new quad. I figured the pressure build up in my tank caused my fuel pump to fail. I have also experienced excessive heat coming from under the seat that makes sitting on the seat uncomfortable. The seat is literally cooking my ass. I have never experienced on other quads this type of heat. I’m wondering if the exhaust is heating up my fuel tank and causing the pressure build up. Lastly, the left parking break when fully locked loses pressure and after some time my quad begins to roll when parked on a hill. I have come to the conclusion that Can Ams are piles of shit and I am frustrated that this is happening with only 90 hrs and first oil change on the machine. Have any of you experienced similar issues? What can be done to stop the pressure in tank and the heat problem with the seat? Any info will be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Bring it in for warranty.. that's a safety issue

Sent from my SM-A526W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am having nothing but problems with my 2020 Outlander 570. Lots of pressure builds in the gas tank after riding for a bit. When I shut it off I hear this weird humming sound coming from my atv. I twist off the gas cap and so much pressure comes out of the tank. I even had gas shoot out all over me. This problem started happening right off the dealer floor. On a hunting trip I had my fuel pump go out ruining my first week hunting out of state. I went through hell trying to fix it while on vacation. This shouldn’t happen to a new quad. I figured the pressure build up in my tank caused my fuel pump to fail. I have also experienced excessive heat coming from under the seat that makes sitting on the seat uncomfortable. The seat is literally cooking my ass. I have never experienced on other quads this type of heat. I’m wondering if the exhaust is heating up my fuel tank and causing the pressure build up. Lastly, the left parking break when fully locked loses pressure and after some time my quad begins to roll when parked on a hill. I have come to the conclusion that Can Ams are piles of shit and I am frustrated that this is happening with only 90 hrs and first oil change on the machine. Have any of you experienced similar issues? What can be done to stop the pressure in tank and the heat problem with the seat? Any info will be much appreciated. Thanks.
try check the vent line on top of the tank ,mine had a small piece of plastic stuck in the line causing pressure build up .i have never had heat come up to the seat, make sure heat shield is in place ,could always use heat tape to wrap around the pipe under your seat.as far as thinking can am is junk you are mistaken i have owned every brand over the years and the can am is the king in every way

·
Registered
3 Posts
Look up other threads of hot exhaust over heating, running lean etc.
Conclusion diy hadley temp controller to turn fan on earlier or contact MR RPM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts