Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Outlander 850 has a blinking engine light and it is in Limp Home Mode. She starts fine, when i ride it seems to break up and kinda bog on take off. When parked in neutral it breaks up on revving. Does anyone know why this could be?
Also it is a 2016 Can Am Outlander, 166 hours

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Outlander 850 has a blinking engine light and it is in Limp Home Mode. She starts fine, when i ride it seems to break up and kinda bog on take off. When parked in neutral it breaks up on revving. Does anyone know why this could be?
Also it is a 2016 Can Am Outlander, 166 hours
Find out which P codes are present.
Here's how to do it.
Then check back in if you need any more help.
it says low battery voltage

·
Super Moderator
2,960 Posts
Then the first thing to do, would be to put the battery on a charger and check to see if the battery is ok.
If it's the original battery, then it's probably time.
These machines are fussy about battery power.
Clean the battery cable terminals with some emery tape and make sure they are tight.
My 2013 G2 had a fault with one of the fusible links under the seat, so while the seat is off, have a close look at them.
If you have a multimeter, then you can check the charge voltage at the battery. Should be approx 12.6 at idle and up to 15v at 4000rpm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.