Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is time for another EBC Brakes Pad Giveaway! One set of pads (front or rear) will be gifted to one randomly selected forum member from our entire range, just by participating in the below thread!

In past giveaways we have discussed our first ride, garage and storage spaces, famous people we have met or would like to have met and weird and wonderful vehicles amongst other topics.

With respect to electric vehicles, the sound and mechanics of an internal combustion engine is a masterpiece, and as pressures increase from governments for the end of the ICE, this month we would like to pose the question; Hypothetically the law states you can keep only one ICE motorcycle or car for the future, what do you want to hold onto forever, and why?
Would you choose a Harley Davidson Sportster or a 6.2L Hemi SRT Hellcat Supercharged V8? Maybe you want the usability of a Ford F-150, the classic finesse of a 1980 Corvette Stingray or a Royal Enfield Bullet, or you just want to keep your SxS for those offroad days?

The lucky winner will be randomly selected and announced within a few days after the closing date of 1st December 2022 and details will be posted on this forum shortly after.

Please be aware that this thread may appear in more than one section on the forum and one winner will be selected from the whole forum, not a winner per thread.
Pad choice will be based on availability and where a chosen pad is unavailable, an alternative will be offered.

If you are not the lucky winner, EBC Brakes are pleased to be able to offer a 10% discount off their braking products to all members of the forum community using code FORUM10USER
This discount code can be redeemed at EBC Brakes Direct | EBC Brake Pads | EBC Brake Discs or with our USA partners at Perfect Brakes | EBC Brake Pads | EBC Rotors

Any questions or application issues please let us know.

GOOD LUCK………

EBC Brakes’ Range of High-Performance Automotive Braking Products

When it comes to performance aftermarket braking components, there aren’t many names that are embedded as deeply into the scene as EBC Brakes.

EBC Brakes is an independently owned and managed brake manufacturer, employing over 400 people across the UK and US, and produces the world’s largest range of brake pads and discs for virtually anything with wheels.

Supplying some of the best-selling ranges of brake pads and rotors for the majority of cars, EBC Brakes is a solid choice when it comes to improving your stopping power.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well given that kinda choice and being a realiztic type guy, I would have to stick with my truck, I use it year round whereas my utv is mainly used in the warmer months strickly for recreation. But on a side note, I would become much more active politically and try to get those idots thrown out of office.

p.s. I'm letting a bunch of riders on another site know about this contest, hopefully they will join this site and participate in your contest.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Definitely would be finding a 2019 6.7 Ford. Electric seems fine for daily commuting and recreation but hook a load to them and mileage drops drastically.

ICE should not be outlawed. This is America where we should have a choice. If the EVs are better and people choose to buy them that is one thing but the government should have no hand in it.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a great topic -

I'll answer the question but I also have a question. Does anyone know why they are pushing the EV thing??? Seriously, I'd love to know.

I agree with Rancher. The concept of the EV sounds great on the surface but there are a few VERY big concerns.

#1 Lithium mining and refinement is very bad for the environment. Very Bad.

#2 Even the best batteries have a shelf life that is much less than my ICE vehicle. These batteries are VERY expensive to replace.

#3 Battery disposal - this is a big one. Ever wonder why when you ship a package that contains a Lithium battery they need to put a sticker on the side? They are dangerous and toxic.

#4 This is a bigger one - Charging. Come on people. The electrons are not produced by your receptacle. They come from a power station someplace. We are making great strides in Solar, Wind and other renewable sources we aren't there yet. As much as they are trying to shut down our conventional means of generation 🙄 the current renewable environment can not support the EV market.

In a nut shell - when you honestly compare all the aspects of an EV carbon footprint to the IEC it is my understanding the ICE is actually better for the environment. That truck can sit in the driveway for 2 years untouched and when I need to use it..........Its will start.

When you think about and I mean honestly think about how the world works and what it takes to support our society - BATTERY POWER just can't keep up with all the planes, trucks, cargo ships. You are not saving the world by buying an EV nor are you helping the environment in anyway. Sure not buy gasoline might be nice for a while but the increased electric bill and cost of replacement batteries 5-10k will still hit your pockets. Oh- you will just trade the car in for a new one will ya.......hhhhmmmm. Well now we still have to dispose of the old batteries and possibly the vehicle. Cars are not disposable razors. Not to mention - most people can't afford it.

Sorry to go on a tangent but the EV push isn't as "green" as they say.

I'll take the IEC pickup truck 🛻. The government push for EV is for other reasons....... Not to be green. MARK MY WORDS

·
Vendor
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well given that kinda choice and being a realiztic type guy, I would have to stick with my truck, I use it year round whereas my utv is mainly used in the warmer months strickly for recreation. But on a side note, I would become much more active politically and try to get those idots thrown out of office.

p.s. I'm letting a bunch of riders on another site know about this contest, hopefully they will join this site and participate in your contest.
thanks for spreading the word @Chief... !

·
Vendor
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is a great topic -

I'll answer the question but I also have a question. Does anyone know why they are pushing the EV thing??? Seriously, I'd love to know.

I agree with Rancher. The concept of the EV sounds great on the surface but there are a few VERY big concerns.

#1 Lithium mining and refinement is very bad for the environment. Very Bad.

#2 Even the best batteries have a shelf life that is much less than my ICE vehicle. These batteries are VERY expensive to replace.

#3 Battery disposal - this is a big one. Ever wonder why when you ship a package that contains a Lithium battery they need to put a sticker on the side? They are dangerous and toxic.

#4 This is a bigger one - Charging. Come on people. The electrons are not produced by your receptacle. They come from a power station someplace. We are making great strides in Solar, Wind and other renewable sources we aren't there yet. As much as they are trying to shut down our conventional means of generation 🙄 the current renewable environment can not support the EV market.

In a nut shell - when you honestly compare all the aspects of an EV carbon footprint to the IEC it is my understanding the ICE is actually better for the environment. That truck can sit in the driveway for 2 years untouched and when I need to use it..........Its will start.

When you think about and I mean honestly think about how the world works and what it takes to support our society - BATTERY POWER just can't keep up with all the planes, trucks, cargo ships. You are not saving the world by buying an EV nor are you helping the environment in anyway. Sure not buy gasoline might be nice for a while but the increased electric bill and cost of replacement batteries 5-10k will still hit your pockets. Oh- you will just trade the car in for a new one will ya.......hhhhmmmm. Well now we still have to dispose of the old batteries and possibly the vehicle. Cars are not disposable razors. Not to mention - most people can't afford it.

Sorry to go on a tangent but the EV push isn't as "green" as they say.

I'll take the IEC pickup truck 🛻. The government push for EV is for other reasons....... Not to be green. MARK MY WORDS
i like your enthusiasm and i agree, the idea that the grid can sustain a full swap to electric is inconceivable also

1 - 8 of 8 Posts