Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
I ironmanned it in 2011 and was all set for 2012...2 days ago and pulled out in the last hours...long story but im really depressed over it. Bison5 was gonna chase. PM...ill give you my number and we'll talk. Ill tell you everything you need to know and what it'll take to get through it. I finished 2nd in amateur and had no experience but i had heart and determination. I made it with 22 minutes to spare and had overheating issues that cost me a total of probably 6 lost hours. Trucks catching you will scare you for sure in certain wind/dust conditions. In sections where the dust wasn't clearing out behind me and I was in 18 silt ruts doing 25 mph trucks were coming doing 80+ and in the straight aways 100+. I would ride 100 yards, get off the track, shut engine off and listen...if i didn't hear anything id start up and go another 100 yards and repeat until i was in a different wind pattern to clear out dust behind me so they would at least see me. My friends teams son got hit by a utv this year in a dust cloud and cracked 2 vertebrae. He was the last guy to start quads so the utv's were next and only started 30 secs behind him. If i would of raced i wouldve been behind him at the start. you never know. When night time comes it's a relief cuz you can see them as they can see you easily with the lights. i was very prepared this year and took care of my overheating issues thx to a sponsorship from LTE with a controller. I did race the 250 and took first with no heating issues. I also took down a few experts this time. I really wanted to put up a good time cuz i knew I could this time since i know knew what i was doing and what to expect. check out my go pro video to get a taste of it and pumped up! the other link is the helicopter footage i rec'd on television. i was the only quad showcased. i was excited about that. this was a bucket list thing for me too. watch the first 30 secs of the 2nd link to see the intro then fast forward to the 15 min 10 sec mark to see my heli footage.
I may be interested in racing with you next year as well if you're looking for a teammate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BVIZzojbZ0

·
Registered
1 Posts
For your UTV to have the option to race, you should initially make a couple of customizations to it. Before your UTV can enter a race, it should initially pass a specialized investigation. Not all desert racing occasions require similar review necessities such as utv accessories & parts, so ensure you investigate what is expected for your race.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts