Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a nice 2014 commander 1000 xt from a friend who originally purchased it from a dealer. My friend is now buying a new 2016 commander max from the same dealer. i was with my friend at this dealership he was purchasing his new ride from. On my 2014 I noticed the dealership programmed my friends name into the dash readout when he originally purchased the machine. I asked the sales guy if he would change it to my name or maybe just delete it. He said "Sure we can do that for you for $40!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy crap. I about told him were to stick it.... I mean if I would not have bought this from my friend the sales guy would not have been getting the sale on the new max right now. $40 seems a little steep. My friend even told the sales guy "Come on you can do him a favor,,,, This is my 2nd machine im buying from you!". I guess its no big deal to see my buddys name come up every time I start it. Guess i'll just live with it.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Just bought a nice 2014 commander 1000 xt from a friend who originally purchased it from a dealer. My friend is now buying a new 2016 commander max from the same dealer. i was with my friend at this dealership he was purchasing his new ride from. On my 2014 I noticed the dealership programmed my friends name into the dash readout when he originally purchased the machine. I asked the sales guy if he would change it to my name or maybe just delete it. He said "Sure we can do that for you for $40!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy crap. I about told him were to stick it.... I mean if I would not have bought this from my friend the sales guy would not have been getting the sale on the new max right now. $40 seems a little steep. My friend even told the sales guy "Come on you can do him a favor,,,, This is my 2nd machine im buying from you!". I guess its no big deal to see my buddys name come up every time I start it. Guess i'll just live with it.
Son's Renegade that he sold said, "Hi Daniel Henden". Sold it to a guy in Turkey (Yes, the country). I kind of chuckle thinking of an Arabic guy wondering who Daniel Henden is.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Doesn't take them long to do it. They could have done it in the parking lot in 5 mins. Anyways, maybe have them do it when you bring it in for a service or something. They'll usually do it for free then

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doesn't take them long to do it. They could have done it in the parking lot in 5 mins. Anyways, maybe have them do it when you bring it in for a service or something. They'll usually do it for free then
That price was above the price of service. Make no mistake about it... im not looking for something for nothing. But come on man.

·
Super Moderator
8,707 Posts
If you had them do any kind of service and they would not change it without a fee, I'd find a different dealer without a doubt.

·
Registered
500 Posts
My dealer lets me hook up to buds for free all the time but I bought the bike there, a perk of buying new, but realistically, pretty soon your names going to be "Maintenance Soon''

1 - 9 of 9 Posts