Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody out there know what is so sloppy on the Maverick that it clunks when you go from forward to reverse? It will also clunk when i back off the gas slightly and gas it again, worse going slower or in low range. It seems like there is way to much backlash between crown and pinion? Dealer assures me its normal. I dont buy that. My machine is a Mav xxc 2014 all stock.

·
Desert Runner
2,188 Posts
I'm on my fourth Can Am(ATV), and they all make the same noise. Never had a problem with the driveline.

From what I have been told, it is the straight cut gears on the gearbox that make a lot of that noise.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have the same on my Maverick too....had it on the last 5 Can-am atv's as well....just a can-am thing.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Yeah I got a 14 Mav Xxc and it clunks also kind of annoying or should I say very annoying..my 2012 Outty 1000 only clunks when putting it in gear

but don't do it when riding.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just got a 2014 XXC and noticed the same. Definitely more defined clunk than our Renegades but it might be because it's sitting right next to you vs. under you. Looking into vforce john's clutch and seeing if this might help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts