Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today took some can ams to the farm. The boys had a blast racing 1/4 mile. The stock renegade would take the turbo rene off the line by a couple of bike lenghts, and of course the turbo would catch up and pass, it got about 15-20 bike lenghts at the end of a quarter mile. This was done in a grain field.

Later one of the boys took their Yamaha 250 dirt racer, and me on the Turbogade. First race on a small patch of pavement, the Turbo gade seemed to come on strong off the line, then tires broke loose, I blipped the throttle and hit it again, front end lifts around 30 mph and fishtails so I shut down early.

Tried a few more times, could not keep front end on the ground. Tried a rolling start at 10 mph, yamaha gets ahead one lenght, then the Renegade jumps ahead and starts spinning like crazy, bike pulls ahead about 3 lenghts, but gains steady on the Yamaha.

We should have tried the stock Renegade, I think it would have had enough traction and the front end is weighted down with the winch.

So after several attempts, it was close to even up, with the turbogade coming on strong for a top end play. I tried to lean my weight ahead of the handle bars, but that did not work as planned. Maybe rig up some wheelie bars for the renegade !

Anyone else out there had a chance to pair off with the dirt bikes?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Today took some can ams to the farm. The boys had a blast racing 1/4 mile. The stock renegade would take the turbo rene off the line by a couple of bike lenghts, and of course the turbo would catch up and pass, it got about 15-20 bike lenghts at the end of a quarter mile. This was done in a grain field.

Later one of the boys took their Yamaha 250 dirt racer, and me on the Turbogade. First race on a small patch of pavement, the Turbo gade seemed to come on strong off the line, then tires broke loose, I blipped the throttle and hit it again, front end lifts around 30 mph and fishtails so I shut down early.

Tried a few more times, could not keep front end on the ground. Tried a rolling start at 10 mph, yamaha gets ahead one lenght, then the Renegade jumps ahead and starts spinning like crazy, bike pulls ahead about 3 lenghts, but gains steady on the Yamaha.

We should have tried the stock Renegade, I think it would have had enough traction and the front end is weighted down with the winch.

So after several attempts, it was close to even up, with the turbogade coming on strong for a top end play. I tried to lean my weight ahead of the handle bars, but that did not work as planned. Maybe rig up some wheelie bars for the renegade !

Anyone else out there had a chance to pair off with the dirt bikes?
I've ran a few dirtbikes. 250 4strokes aren't a problem. 450 4strokes and 250 2strokes will beat a stock Gade without issues with good riders.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, I have a chance to see the teenage dirt bikes at action sports park in Redwood City. They were running around on grass and dirt tracks but it was very exciting. We were hoping to get some video footage but unfortunately we didn't get anything.
I hope this answer is helpful!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.