Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
Just bought my first Can-Am a couple months ago and it's having intermittent wiring problems. Thought it was my front box relays, but by moving those around, no indication they are bad.
I'll put the key in and most of the time (90%+) I can't get the following to come on:
  • headlights (high or low)
  • cooling fan
  • 4wd
  • DC Outlet
Possibly more, but I don't notice anything else not working.
Also thought it was the ECU unit, but when I opened it up, it's cleaner than a nun in there.
Any ideas? Think it might be something to do with the DSS key? I'm thinking of replacing the entire unit to see if that's the issue, but worried the system might disable the bike.
-Pete
507-381-92sevensix

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guys,
Just bought my first Can-Am a couple months ago and it's having intermittent wiring problems. Thought it was my front box relays, but by moving those around, no indication they are bad.
I'll put the key in and most of the time (90%+) I can't get the following to come on:
  • headlights (high or low)
  • cooling fan
  • 4wd
  • DC Outlet
Possibly more, but I don't notice anything else not working.
Also thought it was the ECU unit, but when I opened it up, it's cleaner than a nun in there.
Any ideas? Think it might be something to do with the DSS key? I'm thinking of replacing the entire unit to see if that's the issue, but worried the system might disable the bike.
-Pete
507-381-92sevensix
I think if the key fob was bad it would not start and run.
I would get a test lite or a meter check power onto and out of the fuses.

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts