WHile wrenching on 7shortmags 2010 outlander 800 XTP today, I found this plug. It is for the stator wiring. The stator side of this plug has already been replaced due to the plug melting. Now, the chassis side of the plug has melted...including all of the wire covering. The wires are extremely brittle...who knows if it could catch fire. I haven't started the machine since I noticed this, I think I'll wait for the owner to come pick it up before I do. He is contacting his dealer to see what they want to do. Here' some pics...This plug is directly under the heat shield under the seat, you can see the fuel pump in the lower section of the first picture. Please check this, as it seems it is a problem...maybe they need to do a recall on this issue. This is the second time the wiring for the stator has gotten hot on this machine.
137.6 KB Views: 84
138.1 KB Views: 90