Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

· Registered
2,360 Posts
AFR is a valid indication of combustion. Air and fuel is what an engine lives and breathes on. Measuring the after effect and calculating it it is one of the best resources any one could have. Pressure of the intake, exhaust and chamber during combustion is another. (if you have $10 000). Exhaust temperature is good along with afr. But then that gets complicated to many.

The practicability of using afr to reference air and fuel is just as useful and accurate as calculating air with pressure and temperature. Its doing a calculation based on known facts.

Willy is about the only joke.
incorrect. it is not only invalid it is not certified on any continent for exhaust anaylisis. that is more than lame, 800V. correcting MAP is the first step in engine tuning. then if an O2 sensor is all you can afford, and you can't use any experience to final tune it.....well you are basically screwed.

· Registered
2,360 Posts
You butchered your quad because you don't know or understand how to tune it. It is "untrailable" in your words. Which means it runs like crap at certain throttle positions. And it overheats. Which means you are way too lean in spots.
you mistake "hard to put on the trailer" with throttle responce. LOL

you obviously have not read my threads on my cooling system mods?? if it ran like crap i would fix it. even if it meant buying your ECM.

· Registered
1,966 Posts
incorrect. it is not only invalid it is not certified on any continent for exhaust anaylisis. that is more than lame, 800V. correcting MAP is the first step in engine tuning. then if an O2 sensor is all you can afford, and you can't use any experience to final tune it.....well you are basically screwed.
Wrong. All analyzers including 4 gas and 5 gas use oxygen as a reading. Duh. Why would it be there?

The reason there is no spec for afr or oxygen s because is is redundant in relation to the combustion event. A lot of vehicle have air introduced. And when using an exhaust recirculation, the left over oxygen again is not specific to the combustion event. Downstream from a cat would measure the efficiency of a cat. And that has no bearing on what the combustion event did or whether the engine or cat is leavin that left over oxygen.

What matters is the pollutants. And oxygen is not one of them (only need to spec allowed - raw fuel, unburnt fuel, half burnt fuel, oil, and greenhouse multipliers)

By the way - the people that programed what the ecm does with the map in fo use an o2 sensor. Your nascar hero's will have an o2 in there exhaust too.

You need to learn how to read then read a book. I don't have time to write you one.

· Registered
1,966 Posts
you mistake "hard to put on the trailer" with throttle responce. LOL

you obviously have not read my threads on my cooling system mods?? if it ran like crap i would fix it. even if it meant buying your ECM.
Dude, don't even put the words "buying my ecm" into a sentence. I would never sell you anything. You would never understand it.

No money in the world is worth ever trying to provide tech support to you.

· Registered
449 Posts
o2 sensors are for noobs.

MB, is there a single reputable article, book, or other type of media that recommends not using o2 sensors to tune an internal combustion engine?

· Registered
10,719 Posts
This is hilarious. Lmao.
People who know nothing, contribute nothing,,, except verbal diaria.

Anyone who wants to argue engine performance with Mrrpm and 800vtwin might aswell go out to the back shed and end it now.
Best just to stfu and listen and learn.!!!

A-airheads
F-fail
R-repeatedly

· Registered
2,360 Posts
Wrong. All analyzers including 4 gas and 5 gas use oxygen as a reading. Duh. Why would it be there?
that is correct. O2 can make a sample invalid. excess O2 comes from exhaust leaks, misfire or malfunctioning air injection.

I'm still looking for willy to prove that all the "pro's" use Desktop Dyno
you are going to turn multiple shades of blue holding your breath. all i can say is WELCOME TO THE 21st CENTURY!! you need to get out more.

o2 sensors are for noobs.

MB, is there a single reputable article, book, or other type of media that recommends not using o2 sensors to tune an internal combustion engine?
one?? i might suggest engine tuning 101?? the one MRR and 800V either didn't take or failed?

no manufacturer on the planet uses a simple O2 sensor to tune their engines. their fuel/timing maps are heavily protected and copyright enforced.

Font Material property Parallel Monochrome Number

how these numbers are attained and certification given can be found in this fun read. hope you have high speed internet. :)

http://www.arb.ca.gov/testmeth/slb/sop102-103v2-2.pdf

http://www.arb.ca.gov/testmeth/slb/slb127_rev_2.pdf

Attachments

· Registered
2,203 Posts
See! more total B/S claims & chickensh*t excuses, absolutely no facts at all.

We'll see this for a while, as he tries to sidetrack this thread. This what willy does, I tell him what to do, he does it, he's my beeotch, and will continue to do as he is told.

So, willy, your next command is to tell more unprovable B/S tales, that no one will believe, then, try & sidetrack any thread you post in. If anyone disagrees with you, call them names & make more unrelated sidetracking posts, that are not true, and cannot be proven.

Dance my puppet!

· Registered
2,360 Posts
an improtant thing to remember is BRP/Rotax does all this and still delivers a bike with guaranteed great performance, reliability and fuel mileage. ask one of the above genius' if they will do the same?

my view is to get the increased performance the engineers built into their engines, before the government got involved, without screwing it up.

if you think you are smarter than the Rotax people and can write your own maps ... knock yourself out.

:beerchug1:

· Registered
10,719 Posts
an improtant thing to remember is BRP/Rotax does all this and still delivers a bike with guaranteed great performance, reliability and fuel mileage. ask one of the above genius' if they will do the same?

my view is to get the increased performance the engineers built into their engines, before the government got involved, without screwing it up.

if you think you are smarter than the Rotax people and can write your own maps ... knock yourself out.

:beerchug1:
Shhhhhhhh. Just listen!

· Registered
1,966 Posts
lol. There goes willy. Round and round and round again. Subject to subject with bs and more bs.

All i got out of it, is that your stock machine was emission compliant. Then you butchered it. And dont have a clue whats happening now.

Your first read should be understanding the differences between a narrowband o2 sensor and a wideband o2 sensor. You dont even get that yet.

· Registered
3 Posts
dude, you are pushin' what you have done as fact.

i really don't want to go over it all again, you can do whatever you want, but the things you claim are not consistant with what has been discussed.

have a good time, but you really should find a drag strip and play nice with others.
Dude you are a freaking phsyco. Why are you so mad and hating on dude

41 - 59 of 59 Posts