Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched for a while now. I am working on my neighbors machine, he brought it to me and said it wouldn't go over 45. I measured the belt and it was out of spec so I pulled the clutches and cleaned it all up and got a new belt and put it back together. Then I realized it was being governed at 45mph with rpms at about 6k. The black key is being used and Is the only key that had ever been used so what would cause it to govern like that?

·
Registered
7 Posts
If they are 110% sure its not the key then I would check fuel pressure. To me it is just odd it is limited to same as what it would be if it had slow key in.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought. It is exactly 45mph every time. Curious if there was a default setting that it could have reverted to somehow?

·
Registered
7 Posts
No default. What year of machine? A lot of those came with two keys. Unknowing it could have go switched. Is it pretty doggy and won't even spin the tires?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hmm. Does the gray key look like the black key if so it should go in. Did you have it upside down. Like 180° out?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have searched for a while now. I am working on my neighbors machine, he brought it to me and said it wouldn't go over 45. I measured the belt and it was out of spec so I pulled the clutches and cleaned it all up and got a new belt and put it back together. Then I realized it was being governed at 45mph with rpms at about 6k. The black key is being used and Is the only key that had ever been used so what would cause it to govern like that?
My 21 850xt has 3 modes work sport and normal.in work mode it's limited to 45mph

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts