Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 Outlander Max XT that has the factory ITP Terracross tires and they came from the dealer with 8 psi and on our 4th ride we got really lucky and rolled over something the put about a 1/2” hole in the tire so I had to buy a new tire. In the picture you can see where we rolled over something about an inch in diameter.

I weigh 195 and she weighs 145. We don’t carry much gear and we split the driving. What tire pressure should we run the tires at? In searching, I read anywhere from 5 to 10 psi. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,913 Posts
If I'm riding 1up, hard and fast jumping etc, I run 6 to 7psi in the front and 5 to 5-1/2psi in the rears.
Riding 2up, I run 6psi in the front and around 7-8psi in the rear. I adjust the rears up or down depending on the amount of roughness on the trail.
Adjust the pressures based off how the passenger feels.
I recommend spending some time as a passenger, because you'll get a good feel for what obstacles effect the passengers comfort.

If that tyre was mine, I'd be simply plugging it with a rope plug or 2. My tyres look like a rope factory by the end of their life.:D

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
i have run plugs for years in a tire, even in the side wall so just for future reference they work good and don't leak from my experience. I run 6 1/2 psi in the fronts and 6 in the rear, if its super muddy wet trail i will drop the rears to 5 1/2 psi. i have ran the ITP terras in a 12 inch tire before and altho they had a smooth ride they were prone to puntures. if you want a bullet proof tire that rides very smooth, smoothest i have found and i have tried lots of tires, look into the Kenda bear claw Htrs, because i believe you will have constant issues with the ITPs and holes at least that was my experience with them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts