Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to buy a 14 commander xtp that has the fox shocks with 2800 miles or I can buy a new hold over 2015 commander xt. both are 1000cc question is are the fox shocks really going to make a huge ride difference.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So here's an opinion based on the financial perspective, 2800 miles can be a lot for one of these machines. Stuff wears out even if it's been well taken care of. If you were looking at close to the same price I would say get the new one. Suspension does make a difference. And it is noticeable but at the same time it's a commander, you're not going to be jumping it. In fact I don't think the ride will be any better and unless you're planning to jump it or going through high-speed desert stuff The suspension improvement would not be utilized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well went with the used 1000 xtp due to 1000xt was not available, i think with my job i wont be riding to many miles any time soon but i think i'll enjoy it when i do get out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
XTP is the way to go. My 2014 XTP has about 6000 miles. No real issues yet. Replaced all ball joints and bushings last winter and is like a new machine...
One thing to consider is getting the racer tech dual rated springs, if they're not already there. Those springs really transformed the Mander!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts