Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed SuperAtv's 2.5 lift kit left the pucks/spacers in the shocks. I also put two new rhino axles on the front and had to install axlestenders to hold them in cause they kept falling out. Now my main problem is that as soon as I go out on the trails I break an axle last two weeks I broke 2 driver side and 1 passenger side! Is anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm guessing 82HP+28" tires+ less than ideal CV angles are causing the problem. You could go out and buy gorilla axles, but then you will be removing the weak link in the drive train and run a higher risk of grenading the differential.

·
Mr Fix It
3,903 Posts
Does Rhino mention anything about heat cycling their Axles? If not, call and ask them if you need to. As you do, they get stronger.

If they need it, and you aren't doing it, that could explain part of your problem.

Axle Extenders? Is that a washer that backs the cv stub shaft out of the wheel hub? Maybe it's not enough for a 2.5 in lift?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SuperAtv never mentioned anything about a warmup but a very good question to ask them. Yes they bring the axle a little closer to the differential. Here's what I was told:
1- remove lift and replace with racer tech 2" lift
2- remove shock pucks that come on the XT
3- remove axle stenders

SuperAtv gave me replacement axles for a maverick and told me this was the fix but I haven't tried it yet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts