Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s been A LONG TIME since I have checked in here! I don’t get to ride very much anymore, but last weekend I got a limp home/high temp message (09 Outty 800R). Upon stopping, my coolant was boiling in the overflow. Checked all the normal stuff (mud plugging outside of radiator, fan operating, coolant level, etc.) I limped the machine back and trailered it home.

Once home took the fan assembly off to spray it out and was greeted by this:

I have had some bearing noise from my stock fan motor for quite some time, but it never stopped working. My only guess is the bearing had so much play that it wobbled around and rubbed the fins of my Rad?

Regardless, I believe I have found the source of my overheating issue. I’ve been out of the game for a while and wondered if anyone had any suggestions on what to go with as far as a fan/radiator replacement OTHER than factory ($$$)!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
Hey St8 E! I know some people have said they have had decent luck with the Cheap Ebay radiators and fan but others have not. Mike P had bought one of those cheap radiators and had constant hi temp issues after. After about a year he cut it open to see what the deal was and it was missing the return pluming inside the radiator for the cool fluid return. I'm rebuilding a 2011 out XXC now and it needs a new rad and Fan and I'm going the OEM route as i don't think the after market would be worth it if you had issues. the Oem fan is pretty damn good on the G1s and last a long time so i would at least get the Oem fan. Rocky mountain ATVMC is usually the cheapest for Can am Oem parts at 30% off msrp and free shipping, so check there first. i would also get a new rad cap and overflow cap as there was a TSB for replacement do to incorrect pressure build up. also check and make sure the rubber grommets on the top of the radiator mounting holes are still good, they may be responsible for your your fan hitting the rad. of the 3 machines i rebuilt all of them grommets were bad and made the rad loose.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts