Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need new shocks for my 08’ Renegade 800. It has HPG shocks and I have been wanting some new ones for a while now but now I’ve noticed that back left shock is making that side of the fourwheeler lean. Any suggestions for some good shocks in a range that won’t break the bank?

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I would look for some renegade KYB xxc shocks, you can find them on the fb buy sell groups pretty cheap and can have them rebuilt like new for about 300, great shocks with all the adjustments.
for the lean it may not be the shock it could be the lever on the rear trailering arm, you can check this easy by just removing the black rubber dust cover.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in a quite rural area and it is hard find things on fb that is close enough. If there’s a way to put gen2 shocks on a gen1 then I’ll opt for some ELKA’s, but can you put gen 2 shocks on a gen 1?

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I live in a quite rural area and it is hard find things on fb that is close enough. If there’s a way to put gen2 shocks on a gen1 then I’ll opt for some ELKA’s, but can you put gen 2 shocks on a gen 1?
Have them shipped, i use Fb buy sell groups a lot just use paypal goods a services that way if someone tries to screw you your protected. not sure if the G1 gen 2 shocks will cross over or not and if the lengths are the same, sorry. only problem with Elkas are the price for the stage 4 or 5s with all the adjustments thats why i recommend used XXC Kybs you can get a full set for 500 to 600 bucks and they have all the adjustments.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts