Can-Am ATV & UTV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I recently purchased a 2002 Bombardier Quest 650, and it is already presenting some tough issues. The wheeler will run great for 15 to 30 minutes, at that point it will stall out and then it is tough to get it started again. I've Rebuilt the carburetor, replaced the fuel pump, tested the thermostat and the fan, nothing makes a difference. I'm looking to see if anyone had any other ideas because I am running out and no one in my area will even look at it.

Thanks,
Austin

·
2,865 Posts
I have had zero experience with the Quest, but I'd say you have an electrical issue.
The fact that it runs fine for a short time then stops, suggests that part of the electrics is possibly heating up, then failing.
Once it cools again, it starts.
A faulty stator or ignition sensor is known to do this, possibly even the coil.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I believe I have found the issue. The first time I took this rig out the plug coming off the fuse block got ripped off by the tire and I did my best to rewire everything. There are two spare fuses, so when I rewired it it went from five wires to three wires and I assumed I knew what was what. The way that I wired it there was no "Auxiliary Power", which apparently controls the temperature sending unit that turns the fan on and off. I hope this helps someone, although it's unlikely anyone will have this same exact issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts