Outlander 400 coolant pressure - Outlander discussion - can-am ATV Forums - can-amtalk.com

Photo
- - - - -

Outlander 400 coolant pressure

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Thorgod72

Thorgod72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Your Ride:outlander 400

Posted 17 October 2020 - 03:17 PM

About a month ago 2005 400 the crank went had a lot of miles on her so not complaining. I rebuilt her she ran great for a week the blur head gasket. Checked way too much coolant pressure. Put new cylinder and head on all new gaskets pressure tested it runs great but coolant pressure is high again I’m stumped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 stovepiper

stovepiper

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Interests:Anything with gas or gun powder
  • Your Ride:outlander 1000 xt cammo qsc primary,stm secondary, THE BOM supermag cams, muzzy exhaust, flashed ecu by monster, monster fuel tuner,51mm throttle body and a grin like I ate a banana sideways.

Posted 18 October 2020 - 10:12 AM

coolant or oil pressure?

#3 Thorgod72

Thorgod72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Your Ride:outlander 400

Posted 18 October 2020 - 02:13 PM

Coolant. I took my thermostat out bike was running too hot that might have been my problem I have two 400 so I compared temps at heads, took thermostat out now there running same temp.

#4 25TH INFANTRY

25TH INFANTRY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4531 posts
  • Your Ride:2010 Renegade XXC 800R //// 2011 Outty XXC 800R

Posted 23 October 2020 - 03:53 PM

The Early G1 machines [2006-2008] had issues with the rad cap not having the pressure relief hole cut out in the cap, causing the bike to build pressure and over heat, also causing the radiator to swell. i would check that cap. what year machine

#5 GYPSY400

GYPSY400

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Your Ride:2003 Outlander 400

Posted 23 October 2020 - 06:21 PM

Rad cap controls pressure.. once the coolant pressure rises Above the cap setting, coolant flows into the overflow.. once things cool down the coolant siphon back into the rad. So first check the rad cap with a pressure tester, and check the cap on the overflow that it has a pin hole vent ( also check the white cap under it)

Next, is this machine actually boiling the coolant from overheating? If that's the case, check the rad for being plugged with mud... EVERY square inch of the rad needs to be clean!!!! After that, check to make sure the water pump is actually circulating the coolant. Also check that the fan is working.. might be a blown fuse.

The 400 did not have the rad swelling issue that the v twins had

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
GYPSY400

2003 Outlander 400 4X4

www.outlander400.piczo.com
quite possibly the O-400 Guru??

#6 7shortmag

7shortmag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5514 posts
  • Interests:Benchrest Shooting, Custom Gun Building, ATV Riding, Spending time with my family.
  • Your Ride:2010 Outty XTP, 975 MRRPM BBK, Modified QSC Primary, Modified STM Secondary, UHMW Frame Mod, GoHard Skid Plates, 26" Bighorn 1.0, ITP Rims, Stadium Shocks, HMF Swamp Series, Open Air Box, MRRPM Gen 2 Cams, Tune Monster ECM, Spark Monster, Port and Polished Heads, Greaseable Steering Stem Bushing, Brass A Arm Bushings, Billet Aluminum wheel hubs, Billet aluminum through shaft, 10" Rigid light bar, MRRPM remote oil filter adaptor, Remote oil cooler, More seat time than anyone else on the planet.

Posted 04 November 2020 - 07:58 AM

About a month ago 2005 400 the crank went had a lot of miles on her so not complaining. I rebuilt her she ran great for a week the blur head gasket. Checked way too much coolant pressure. Put new cylinder and head on all new gaskets pressure tested it runs great but coolant pressure is high again I’m stumped

It's too bad you were not here "back in the day"   This forum was the place to be!

Nobody Gets In to See The Wizard!, Not Nobody, Not No How!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users