aftermarket muffler 2012 650 max - Outlander discussion - can-am ATV Forums - can-amtalk.com

Photo
- - - - -

aftermarket muffler 2012 650 max

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 canam55

canam55

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Your Ride:080650max xt

Posted 24 June 2020 - 12:30 AM

Need afrtermarket muffler 2012 650 max Do you have to reprogram motor?

#2 stovepiper

stovepiper

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Anything with gas or gun powder
  • Your Ride:outlander 1000 xt cammo qsc primary,stm secondary, THE BOM supermag cams, muzzy exhaust, flashed ecu by monster, monster fuel tuner,51mm throttle body and a grin like I ate a banana sideways.

Posted 26 July 2020 - 10:25 AM

Having your ECU redone is never a bad thing, canam is lean from factory. I had a programable one made which suits my riding style but there are lots of other options for pre programing. Do your homework as not all reflashes are equal.

#3 stovepiper

stovepiper

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Anything with gas or gun powder
  • Your Ride:outlander 1000 xt cammo qsc primary,stm secondary, THE BOM supermag cams, muzzy exhaust, flashed ecu by monster, monster fuel tuner,51mm throttle body and a grin like I ate a banana sideways.

Posted 26 July 2020 - 03:36 PM

Sorry, what I meant to say was I had my ecu reflashed. Removed the speed and torque limiters, had the reverse overide removed and the fuel deceleration removed, this is for the engine braking. and had the timing advanced for high octane fuel among other things.

Then I had a custom fuel tuner made. I ride in the mountains so the stock fuel settings weren't working for me.

There is a lot of room for improvements on them there canams.

You don't necessarily have to do a reflash but with after market exhaust you might get some back firing on deceleration.

#4 25TH INFANTRY

25TH INFANTRY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4527 posts
  • Your Ride:2010 Renegade XXC 800R //// 2011 Outty XXC 800R

Posted 30 July 2020 - 03:34 PM

For a 2012 you will be fine just adding the exhaust with out a tuner. But they do run lean from the factory, 2012s are way better than the newer models, if it was a 2017 or new i would say yes for sure. you will be fine with out it but a simple pre-program dobeck fuel controller is about $200 or you can get a ECM reflash anywhere from 100 to 300 bucks. i have several reflashed ECM from different people and are happy with all of them its defeinety the best option for simplicity IMO and they do a lot more than just add a little fuel like the dobeck. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users