Gearing not right... please help - Outlander discussion - can-am ATV Forums - can-amtalk.com

Photo
- - - - -

Gearing not right... please help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ctown47

Ctown47

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing!! Anything outdoors!!
  • Your Ride:2012 Can-Am Outlander Max XT

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:54 AM

Hi Everyone!! I have a 2012 Can-Am Outlander Max XT and Im having a lot of issues with the gearshift not working... its killing me because I use my Quad for snow clearing and I try and put the bike in reverse and she slips into neutral. I also have to give the quad a little throttle to even switch gears 99% of the time. This is how it looks on my cut-out...Please help

Low is Low
High is nothing
Neutral is High
Reverse is between Reverse and Park
Park is Park.

#2 Dr Z

Dr Z

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Your Ride:2011 Outlander XXC

Posted 24 January 2020 - 09:18 PM

Either the shift rod is bent or it just needs adjusted. Adjust it so the rod is exactly in the notch of neutral when in neutral. You just loosen the lock nut and turn it to adjust it.

Dobeck AFR+, Hayden fan controller, QSC Rev-X primary/STM secondary, TORQ Locker
26x9 Kenda Bearclaw HTR on No Limit Octane custom wheels
Powermadd hand guards, RotopaX 4 gallon, Symtec heated grips, Homemade UHMW skid
Tatou 4S tracks with SpeedoHealer and Klim winter gear

My YouTube page
(mostly unedited track rides)

#3 2000hdflstf

2000hdflstf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Your Ride:2014 Can-am Outlander Max 1000

Posted 28 January 2020 - 08:29 AM

Have you done clutch maintenance ? If it's not fully disengaged it will make it a real bear to shift. This can cause damage to the linkage over time. CanAm's are notorious for shifting issues. I believe guys have even named the dance you have to do in the seat to shift at times. My Trailblock clutch cured this issue on my bike.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

#4 stovepiper

stovepiper

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:Anything with gas or gun powder
  • Your Ride:outlander 1000 xt cammo qsc primary,stm secondary, THE BOM supermag cams, muzzy exhaust, flashed ecu by monster, monster fuel tuner,51mm throttle body and a grin like I ate a banana sideways.

Posted 31 January 2020 - 08:02 PM

Yip sounds like your one way bearing needs some attention, and as mentioned above your shifter rod needs some adjustment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users