Power loss in throttle - Renegade discussion - can-am ATV Forums - can-amtalk.com

Photo

Power loss in throttle

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LSRenegade

LSRenegade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Your Ride:Can am renegade 500

Posted 19 October 2019 - 10:40 PM

Have a 2016 can am rene 850xxc with about 10 hours and 110 miles.
Had a half of tank left from riding about 3 months back, top the tank with new gas before the ride. Only used up about a quarter tank .Quad ran great till the end of the ride I started to loss power in the throttle. Quad never had any issues prior.
Muffler sounded different as well.
I hit the throttle to 100 percent and quad took a while to respond.
No codes on dash. Could this be bad gas, spark plugs or fuel pump?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#2 25TH INFANTRY

25TH INFANTRY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4523 posts
  • Your Ride:2010 Renegade XXC 800R //// 2011 Outty XXC 800R

Posted 20 October 2019 - 01:20 PM

Could be all the above but being it had older gas in it to begin with i would start there and drain and flush the tank.  i would also buy a few new fuel filters and change it out. Bad gas can cause all kinds of problems fouling plugs is one of them so i would pull them and check to see how they look " post a pic of them if you can". after every thing is drained and cleaned i would also run some sea foam threw the system. let us know how it turns out. 

#3 LSRenegade

LSRenegade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 05:12 PM

Thank you
25th
I will keep you guys posted.

#4 LSRenegade

LSRenegade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 09:49 PM

Finally had a free min to take a look at the quad. Pumped out gas and replaced with new gas also added seafoam. Ran the quad for a while still felt under powered.
I removed the plastics to get to the spark plugs, right side was much easier then left.
Left side I had to remove the heat shield.
I posted the picture of the right spark plug.
Left spark plug I didn't remove just yet because I ran out of time but I think the left side is fine. I was able to start the quad with just left plug so that's why I think that's the good plug however I will check it was well.
Any idea why the plug went bad?
62e11eb5cf6d4c888ecd9ae9ab22516f.jpgf445330019acdaa5c604288c3ca1ed30.jpg

#5 7shortmag

7shortmag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5511 posts
  • Interests:Benchrest Shooting, Custom Gun Building, ATV Riding, Spending time with my family.
  • Your Ride:2010 Outty XTP, 975 MRRPM BBK, Modified QSC Primary, Modified STM Secondary, UHMW Frame Mod, GoHard Skid Plates, 26" Bighorn 1.0, ITP Rims, Stadium Shocks, HMF Swamp Series, Open Air Box, MRRPM Gen 2 Cams, Tune Monster ECM, Spark Monster, Port and Polished Heads, Greaseable Steering Stem Bushing, Brass A Arm Bushings, Billet Aluminum wheel hubs, Billet aluminum through shaft, 10" Rigid light bar, MRRPM remote oil filter adaptor, Remote oil cooler, More seat time than anyone else on the planet.

Posted 25 October 2019 - 06:27 AM

Those plugs arent bad, They look a little rich, but not bad.

When you jab the throttle does it fall on it's face?

Nobody Gets In to See The Wizard!, Not Nobody, Not No How!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users