07 Outlander 800 fuel pressure problem - Outlander discussion - can-am ATV Forums - can-amtalk.com

Photo
- - - - -

07 Outlander 800 fuel pressure problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LTD Grandpa

LTD Grandpa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Trail riding with my wife on our Can-am 800 Max <br />Road trips on our Honda Gold Wing GL1800<br />Stuffing both in the back of our toy hauler and hitting the road<br />Camping, Deer and Elk hunting
  • Your Ride:2007 Can-am Outlander 800 Max LTD

Posted 07 September 2019 - 09:20 PM

I have a 07 Outlander 800 LTD Max with over 5k miles on it. Last week I went for a trail ride and after about ten miles it starter crapping out along with some back fire I could tell it wasn't getting enough fuel. After setting for awhile it started and ran fine for a short distance and continued to get worse and barely made it back to my truck. When I got home I replaced the fuel filter and noticed the old one had some restriction of flow thinking this was the fuel problem.
Today I took it back out on the trail and after about eight miles it started crapping out again until it shutdown. After waiting a few minutes it fired back up and ran good for a bit and then started doing it again. The rest of the way back to my rig was startup,run until out of gas and wait over and over each time going a shorter distance before it quitting. When I got home I checked the new fuel filter and there was no restriction of fuel and had good flow. I cut the old filter can in half looking for dirt but didn't see any particles in it.
My question is does this sound like my fuel pump is going bad? I can not find any fuel leaks that would cause the loss of fuel pressure, Every time I start it I can hear the fuel pump run for a couple seconds. I don't have the pressure test tools to check the fuel pressure. Does this fuel problem sound familiar to anyone?
Thanks

2007 Can-am Outlander 800Max LTD
-Precision Steering Stabilizer
-Ricochet skids and A-arms
-Alumatech center guard
-BRP Front & Rear HPG Shock kit with springs
-K&N Filter
-Garmin Quest GPS
-BRP Studded Apache Track System (winter fun)
-60 State Plow (winter work)
-BRP Windshield kit (winter fun & work)
-Weekend Warrior Hot Thermal Grips
-BRP Radiator Protector
-BRP Rear Trunk Box
-Maxxis 26" Big Horn's
-LTDGrandpa's Custom Accessories

#2 ozymax

ozymax

Ozy for short.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2853 posts
  • Interests:Quad riding.
    Geocaching.
    Radio controlled helicopters.
    Hiking.
    4x4 touring this great country.
  • Your Ride:2012 G2 Outlander 650 Max XT

Posted 09 September 2019 - 03:06 AM

Sounds exactly like a fuel pump issue, but I'd double check to see if there's any water in the tank first.

To replace the pump in the early models, you have to remove the fuel tank and tank guard, as the pump is mounted in the lower part of the tank.

I've had good results from various ebay suppliers of pumps.

#3 Dr Z

Dr Z

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Your Ride:2011 Outlander XXC

Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:06 PM

It for sure could be a fuel pump going out when getting warm. First thing I would check is the one way valves in the tank breather line. If it's clogged, it will create a vacuum when the pump runs. The line is there to let air into the tank when fuel is used up to prevent a vacuum. You should be able to blow through it into the tank but not the out of the tank direction.

Dobeck AFR+, Hayden fan controller, QSC Rev-X primary/STM secondary, TORQ Locker
26x9 Kenda Bearclaw HTR on No Limit Octane custom wheels
Powermadd hand guards, RotopaX 4 gallon, Symtec heated grips, Homemade UHMW skid
Tatou 4S tracks with SpeedoHealer and Klim winter gear

My YouTube page
(mostly unedited track rides)

#4 25TH INFANTRY

25TH INFANTRY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4523 posts
  • Your Ride:2010 Renegade XXC 800R //// 2011 Outty XXC 800R

Posted 11 September 2019 - 04:00 PM

most definitely a fuel pump issue and as Oz said the tank will have to come out because its a bottom fed tank. I have a brand new OEM pump assembly, regulator, pick up and filter. i also have brand new new rubber gaskets and bolts to go with it. i had planned on switching one of my machines over to a bottom feed tank due to the bigger size but have shelved that idea for now. i have about $360 bucks into it now but would be willing to part ways with it for $230 shipped, if your interested in it PM me and i can ship it out. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users