Street riding problems - Outlander discussion - can-am ATV Forums - can-amtalk.com

Photo
- - - - -

Street riding problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Parsa209

Parsa209

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Your Ride:Can Am Outlander 500 -15

Posted 24 June 2019 - 06:14 AM

I mostly ride paved and dirt roads with my Outlander 500 -15 with CST Stryder street tires. The problem has been the tires wearing out really fast, and turning little tighter on pavement makes the front wheels (I believe) skid and jump.

I run 2wd on pavement of course.

When I jack up the bike and put it in 2wd both front tires are spinning at the same time. When I put in 4wd the front tires spin opposite directions.

Is this all caused by bad Visco Lok? Could I disable the Visco and be able to ride on the roads better?

#2 Dr Z

Dr Z

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Your Ride:2011 Outlander XXC

Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:45 PM

Sounds normal to me. The rear wheels are tied together in the rear end. Both axles have to spin the same direction.

If you try to hold the front tire that spins backwards in 4wd, you should feel the visco kick in and pull that tire forwards.

Dobeck AFR+, Hayden fan controller, QSC Rev-X primary/STM secondary, TORQ Locker
26x9 Kenda Bearclaw HTR on No Limit Octane custom wheels
Powermadd hand guards, RotopaX 4 gallon, Symtec heated grips, Homemade UHMW skid
Tatou 4S tracks with SpeedoHealer and Klim winter gear

My YouTube page
(mostly unedited track rides)

#3 stovepiper

stovepiper

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:Anything with gas or gun powder
  • Your Ride:outlander 1000 xt cammo qsc primary,stm secondary, THE BOM supermag cams, muzzy exhaust, flashed ecu by monster, monster fuel tuner,51mm throttle body and a grin like I ate a banana sideways.

Posted 08 July 2019 - 07:21 PM

These things aren't designed to be driven on pavement. Solid rear axles will eat tires in a hurry, and the front tires spinning in opposite directions when elevated is normal. Lift up the rear end of a truck and you will see the same thing.

#4 Dr Z

Dr Z

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Your Ride:2011 Outlander XXC

Posted 09 July 2019 - 11:26 PM

One thing that might help is to keep the tire pressure on the high end and use a narrow tire. That would put a little less contact patch on the road. Traction might suffer a little on slick surfaces though.

Dobeck AFR+, Hayden fan controller, QSC Rev-X primary/STM secondary, TORQ Locker
26x9 Kenda Bearclaw HTR on No Limit Octane custom wheels
Powermadd hand guards, RotopaX 4 gallon, Symtec heated grips, Homemade UHMW skid
Tatou 4S tracks with SpeedoHealer and Klim winter gear

My YouTube page
(mostly unedited track rides)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users