Heated hand grip advise - Outlander discussion - can-am ATV Forums - can-amtalk.com

Photo
- - - - -

Heated hand grip advise

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Rubman

Rubman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Your Ride:2014 XTP 1000

Posted 03 November 2019 - 05:23 AM

Hi All ,

Got a 2015 outlander that has factory heated grips but one has failed ( wires got torn out of the grip ) and I was wondering if your could purchase a single grip without the expense of another complete kit ? . Alternatively has anyone used an aftermarket grip with the factory BRP control system ?.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mark 

Tasmania  Australia 

#2 Dr Z

Dr Z

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Your Ride:2011 Outlander XXC

Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:37 AM

I've never seen only one grip for sale. I don't know who makes Can Am branded grips. You could try messaging a company like Heat Demon and see if they will sell only one. I would think most any brand would work with the controller.

But, mine have a high/low toggle switch and dual element pad. Not sure if they would work as well with a controller. I now use the stick on elements and use whichever grip I want. I got tired of replacing heated grips when they wore out. Now I can just replace cheaper grips or use lock on ones if I want.

Dobeck AFR+, Hayden fan controller, QSC Rev-X primary/STM secondary, TORQ Locker
26x9 Kenda Bearclaw HTR on No Limit Octane custom wheels
Powermadd hand guards, RotopaX 4 gallon, Symtec heated grips, Homemade UHMW skid
Tatou 4S tracks with SpeedoHealer and Klim winter gear

My YouTube page
(mostly unedited track rides)

#3 St8 E

St8 E

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1759 posts
  • Your Ride:2009 Outlander 800R XT

Posted 04 November 2019 - 02:10 PM

I've never seen only one grip for sale. I don't know who makes Can Am branded grips. You could try messaging a company like Heat Demon and see if they will sell only one. I would think most any brand would work with the controller.
But, mine have a high/low toggle switch and dual element pad. Not sure if they would work as well with a controller. I now use the stick on elements and use whichever grip I want. I got tired of replacing heated grips when they wore out. Now I can just replace cheaper grips or use lock on ones if I want.

Can you give me a link to the stick on elements you are referring to? Are they reliable, so far? Any idea if they fit under ODI grips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2009 Outlander 800R XT

*12" Hiper Sidewinder's w/ 25" GBC Grim Reapers
*BRP XMR Snorkels/XMR CVT Cover
*Nitroplated Stock headpipe into a Muzzy slip-on 
*Full Tune Monster
*Fox Podium X Front and Rear Shocks
*QSC Primary, STM Secondary
*Precision Steering Stabilizer, Flexx Bars (w/ anti-vibe inserts), Bopp Anti-Vibe stem

*The countless amount of custom "tweaks" that 7Shortmag has done to it!

#4 Dr Z

Dr Z

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Your Ride:2011 Outlander XXC

Posted 04 November 2019 - 10:13 PM

Symtec heat demon part number 210019RR for the elements and part number 210008 for the thumb warmer. Both are 3 wire setups. One for high and one for low. (You could use the high/low elements with a controller if you wire the high side only.)

I used to tie them into one switch but now I use 2 so I can control the thumb separate from the grips. I use mitts in the cold weather and Klim gloves so I only need the warmers on the really cold days. I also don't use the cheap plastic switch. I use a metal toggle switch and the rubber waterproof cover.

I think BrianE uses the elements under his ODI Grips. That's what I will be going to next time since I had to glue my grips on to prevent them from slipping. If I'm careful, I hope to be able to cut them off when they wear out???

This year we are snow biking mostly. I hope to not need them on the bike, but I have the ODI lock on grips so I can add them if I need to.

Dobeck AFR+, Hayden fan controller, QSC Rev-X primary/STM secondary, TORQ Locker
26x9 Kenda Bearclaw HTR on No Limit Octane custom wheels
Powermadd hand guards, RotopaX 4 gallon, Symtec heated grips, Homemade UHMW skid
Tatou 4S tracks with SpeedoHealer and Klim winter gear

My YouTube page
(mostly unedited track rides)

#5 7shortmag

7shortmag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5511 posts
  • Interests:Benchrest Shooting, Custom Gun Building, ATV Riding, Spending time with my family.
  • Your Ride:2010 Outty XTP, 975 MRRPM BBK, Modified QSC Primary, Modified STM Secondary, UHMW Frame Mod, GoHard Skid Plates, 26" Bighorn 1.0, ITP Rims, Stadium Shocks, HMF Swamp Series, Open Air Box, MRRPM Gen 2 Cams, Tune Monster ECM, Spark Monster, Port and Polished Heads, Greaseable Steering Stem Bushing, Brass A Arm Bushings, Billet Aluminum wheel hubs, Billet aluminum through shaft, 10" Rigid light bar, MRRPM remote oil filter adaptor, Remote oil cooler, More seat time than anyone else on the planet.

Posted 06 November 2019 - 07:23 AM

Can you give me a link to the stick on elements you are referring to? Are they reliable, so far? Any idea if they fit under ODI grips?

I douby very highly that they will fit under ODI grips.

Nobody Gets In to See The Wizard!, Not Nobody, Not No How!

#6 7shortmag

7shortmag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5511 posts
  • Interests:Benchrest Shooting, Custom Gun Building, ATV Riding, Spending time with my family.
  • Your Ride:2010 Outty XTP, 975 MRRPM BBK, Modified QSC Primary, Modified STM Secondary, UHMW Frame Mod, GoHard Skid Plates, 26" Bighorn 1.0, ITP Rims, Stadium Shocks, HMF Swamp Series, Open Air Box, MRRPM Gen 2 Cams, Tune Monster ECM, Spark Monster, Port and Polished Heads, Greaseable Steering Stem Bushing, Brass A Arm Bushings, Billet Aluminum wheel hubs, Billet aluminum through shaft, 10" Rigid light bar, MRRPM remote oil filter adaptor, Remote oil cooler, More seat time than anyone else on the planet.

Posted 06 November 2019 - 07:27 AM

Buy this and be done

https://www.ebay.com...fYAAOSwfCRdvBmR

#7 7shortmag

7shortmag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5511 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 07:29 AM

https://www.amazon.c...73043332&sr=8-2

#8 Tadpole

Tadpole

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Your Ride:2014 800 XT

Posted 26 November 2019 - 11:31 PM

I had one quit working, was able to buy just one at the dealership.

#9 25TH INFANTRY

25TH INFANTRY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4526 posts
  • Your Ride:2010 Renegade XXC 800R //// 2011 Outty XXC 800R

Posted 28 November 2019 - 12:15 PM

I agree with 7mag,  St8E. i don't think the element will fit under the Odi grips. i have had the heat demon grips for about 4 years and they work great. the heat demon grips are made by Odi but they are not the padded type we are use to. originally i did not like the grips they were smooth and offered very little if any padding, like all hated grips. after about a year i put a set of foam grab on grips over the heat demons and ill tell you they work awesome. they are better that the padded Odi's by far and reduce vibration and hand fatigue 10 fold. 

https://www.amazon.c...74961040&sr=8-9

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users