7 replies to this topic

#1 gula187

gula187

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Your Ride:outlander 1000

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:08 PM

I read and heard that can am atv are not that reliable. What's makes them so unreliable? I never had any problems with mine but I'm plan on getting two more for my daughter and I

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#2 moosehenden

moosehenden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2260 posts
  • Interests:Riding, hunting, fishing, and paintball.
  • Your Ride:09 Renegade 500 and 2012 Can-Am Outlander Max XT-P 650

Posted 15 June 2018 - 02:02 PM

A lot of times you'll see only the posts where people have something go wrong and they fill up forums with questions and complaints. Personally, we're on our 3rd Can-Am and have only had minor issues with any of them. Same with Polaris machines we've had. Nothing major went wrong. There are a lot of people on forums who act like Godzilla has trampled their home with their wife and kids in it when they need to replace a bearing. Very few post about how much they are enjoying their machine and post pics of their travels.

#3 Riggy

Riggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Riding, shooting (target & Critter), Fishing, Racing, Beer. And sometimes Whiskey.
  • Your Ride:800 Outlander

Posted 16 June 2018 - 01:50 AM

Overheating.Overheating,aswellasoverheating.

#4 stovepiper

stovepiper

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Anything with gas or gun powder
  • Your Ride:outlander 1000 xt cammo qsc primary,stm secondary, THE BOM supermag cams, muzzy exhaust, flashed ecu by monster, monster fuel tuner,51mm throttle body and a grin like I ate a banana sideways.

Posted 16 June 2018 - 05:02 PM

Yes the v twins do run hot, but keeping the rad clean or doing a relocate seems to solve the issue. Granted cleaning the rad in the stock location is a bit problematic to say the least. As far as reliability goes, i've rode mine to hell and back and other then self inflicted wounds never any issues to report.

#5 7shortmag

7shortmag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5511 posts
  • Interests:Benchrest Shooting, Custom Gun Building, ATV Riding, Spending time with my family.
  • Your Ride:2010 Outty XTP, 975 MRRPM BBK, Modified QSC Primary, Modified STM Secondary, UHMW Frame Mod, GoHard Skid Plates, 26" Bighorn 1.0, ITP Rims, Stadium Shocks, HMF Swamp Series, Open Air Box, MRRPM Gen 2 Cams, Tune Monster ECM, Spark Monster, Port and Polished Heads, Greaseable Steering Stem Bushing, Brass A Arm Bushings, Billet Aluminum wheel hubs, Billet aluminum through shaft, 10" Rigid light bar, MRRPM remote oil filter adaptor, Remote oil cooler, More seat time than anyone else on the planet.

Posted 20 June 2018 - 09:17 AM

As far as the BRP bikes being un-reliable, yes, they are just as un-reliable as the next.

ALL bike manufacturers have their pros and cons, strong points and weak points.

Ford vs. Chevy? We all know Ford sucks, don't we?

Nobody Gets In to See The Wizard!, Not Nobody, Not No How!

#6 25TH INFANTRY

25TH INFANTRY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4526 posts
  • Your Ride:2010 Renegade XXC 800R //// 2011 Outty XXC 800R

Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:03 PM

I have had 3 Can Am 800s and just added a 4th recently. i have had very little problems with any of mine but i do keep up with maintenance and try to catch something before it fails a recks another part along with it. 

i think most of the problems people talk about are things they should know before purchasing. like the heat, people MOAN about it knowing they run hot, its a big motor that people ride slow in 100 degree temps. it runs hot thanks to the EPA not Can Am, years ago can am had a wire mod for there sport bikes that richened up the fuel to help out the consumer,  the epa found out recalled all the bikes built to be "repaired" and hit them with a huge fine. 

#7 corkum123

corkum123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Your Ride:2018 Maverick Trail 1000dps

Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:19 PM

I'v had 3 can ams,the first 2 never had many problems,but my new trail has had its problems.They are mostly parts that were missing or just thrown together.The dealer has been great at fixing them but they should be.The only problem is every i have a problem i have to drive 90 min to get there which cost me $70.

#8 brittstory2019

brittstory2019

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Your Ride:15 can am outlander L

Posted 31 March 2020 - 10:28 AM

They're Great!!! To be honest with you. two of my closest friends has a outlander 800 and a the other renegade 800 and they literally leave them in the rain don't wash them good they just ride them hard they always have problems running hot limp mode the whole nine yards my other two friends that ride with us they have good 2014 a 2018 Honda and I always have problem no matter what kind of four-wheeler it is these four people always have problems. After a big ride especially in the mud we may come in at 2 in the morning you know who goes to bed them four. I stay up and wash my quad good steal from the back I keep up with is my oil change I change all my oil I clean my CVT regularly I checked all my lines all my wiring everything you can imagine I sit out there and I enjoy it I've never had a problem that's the difference can Am the baddest sum"edit for bad language" out here it's the owners.

Sent from my Z3153V using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users