#1 story5253

story5253

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Your Ride:2017 Outlander XT-P 1000R

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:26 PM

I came across these on YouTube the other day. They are just being released as of two days ago. I'm wondering if these will solve the problems with the front diff. Instead of how the visco works this locks the front tires to spin the same. That is one thing I miss about my sportsman is the awd system in technical situations. Here's some pics. Oh and from what I have seen these will run about $400.
5c798c2ee8ff3f6c192079215cd707f4.png99f45b5c67cc177b0599c0c1cc88d485.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 KWIK RACING INC.

KWIK RACING INC.

W. F. O.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts
  • Interests:NHRA Drag Racing - GNCC Racing - CMR Championship Mud Racing - Supercross - FMX - X Games - Snow and Water Skiing - PWC Racing
  • Your Ride:2007 Renegade (stolen) 2010 Renegade Xxc (present)

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:40 PM

this is being talked about by a few peeps out there.. It seems to work good if you watch the videos they have.. and its for the sxs machines.
I know a fellow here where i live in Alberta that is doing this swap to his maverick soon here and then will know on the resutls once he tests it.. by what i have seen till now and heard they should work good

-----------------------------------------------
2010 CAM-AM G1 GT RENEGADE XXC 1000RR MAVERICK MOTOR ... with other goodies..
Stock Bore 1000 making 102.98 RWHP / NA

#3 story5253

story5253

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Your Ride:2017 Outlander XT-P 1000R

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:11 PM

Just looked on their website. Says it will fit 2008-17 renegades and 2006-17 outlanders. So this could be a viable option when my visco "edit for bad language"s the bed or I get tired of it.

#4 KWIK RACING INC.

KWIK RACING INC.

W. F. O.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts
  • Interests:NHRA Drag Racing - GNCC Racing - CMR Championship Mud Racing - Supercross - FMX - X Games - Snow and Water Skiing - PWC Racing
  • Your Ride:2007 Renegade (stolen) 2010 Renegade Xxc (present)

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:04 PM

Just looked on their website. Says it will fit 2008-17 renegades and 2006-17 outlanders. So this could be a viable option when my visco "edit for bad language"s the bed or I get tired of it.

Really? wow that would be nice for the quad guys too. I thought it only was for the new SXS's

2010 CAM-AM G1 GT RENEGADE XXC 1000RR MAVERICK MOTOR ... with other goodies..
Stock Bore 1000 making 102.98 RWHP / NA

#5 walters

walters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Your Ride:renegade

Posted 11 June 2017 - 11:24 AM

dealer in canada for this? and anyone hace confirmation if it will work in 07 renegade pos front diff ?

#6 ozymax

ozymax

Ozy for short.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts
  • Interests:Quad riding.
    Geocaching.
    Radio controlled helicopters.
    Hiking.
    4x4 touring this great country.
  • Your Ride:2012 G2 Outlander 650 Max XT

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:16 AM

That's an interesting find.

I have fitted many of these style diff locks to 4wd's in my past. They have been badged by many names like, Lokka, LockRight and Detroit E-Z locker here in Australia. Fitted them all.

The design seems to work well for most people, but won't handle competition style 4wding.

I'm speaking specifically from 4wd fitments. I have zero experience in quads or SxS's.

Whilst they may work ok in a SxS with a steering wheel, I can imagine that it could be a different story when they are fitted to a quad with handle bars.

These units will give you 100% positive drive to the front wheels, so if the wheel gets traction you will need to be prepared for it.

Generally speaking they will just ratchet over when running in 2wd, as they require the drive shaft (from the gearbox) rotation to actuate the drive teeth.

This video does a pretty good job of explaining how they work.

The rolling diameter of the tyres from side to side is critical to get smooth action out of them. If you run odd pressures, you will have strange things going on when running on hard pack trails.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users