5 replies to this topic

#1 mnfarmer

mnfarmer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Your Ride:2016 Outlander 650

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:11 PM

When I start it up and back it out of the shed it stalls unless I pump the throttle. after the engine is hot it doesn't do it. Can anyone help me fix it my dealer can't.

#2 BackcountryBoy

BackcountryBoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Your Ride:2014 Can-Am Outlander 650 XT

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:11 AM

Hi mnfarmer! Welcome to the site! I'm not a super regular here, but do like to check in once in a while.

I think it would be helpful to have some additional information. First of all, if its a 2016 then it should still have a warranty and your dealer will therefore be required to fix this issue. If they can't fix it then they aren't a dealer, they're a joke! If there isn't a warranty or the dealer is a joke, then maybe consider a different dealer. :-)

Otherwise, a few questions. Does this happen everytime you ride it out or just once at the start of the season? Is it a stall or a die? Stalling typically has something to do with the application of the throttle or when shifting. Dying means is won't idle on its own and just dies. Does is stall right after starting or after shifting or after applying throttle? Do you let it warm up fully? My dad's brand new Ford will stall if he starts pushing around a heavy trailer or plow without letting it warm up. This is typical with any motor that isn't warm. Plus it's hard on a motor to use it without proper warmup. I always let my 650 warm up before driving it at least 4-5 minutes, even in the hot summer. And in the winter even longer. 

If you can fill us in some more, I'm sure some others will jump in as well!

#3 mnfarmer

mnfarmer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:33 AM

It stops running the first I let go of the throttle to shift or just to stop it will do it several times throughout the day even when the engine is warm. When it's hot if the fan runs then it's fine. The dealer said warranty is off. I don't warm it up

#4 crewdog506

crewdog506

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,434 posts
  • Your Ride:2008 Outlander 800 XT

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:55 PM

I'd pull the idle air control valve and clean it. I've had similar issues in the past that were solved by cleaning the valve. Do not remove the throttle position sensor...it's the square sensor on the throttle body...do not remove it.

#5 GYPSY400

GYPSY400

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Your Ride:2003 Outlander 400

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:40 PM

First of all, Run ethanol free gas if it sits for any length of time. Also it sounds like the Idle Air Control valve like crewdog506 stated.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
GYPSY400

2003 Outlander 400 4X4

www.outlander400.piczo.com
quite possibly the O-400 Guru??

#6 mnfarmer

mnfarmer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:21 PM

I had the idle air control out it was clean and move's freely. Doesn't work any better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users