5 replies to this topic

#1 summitxho

summitxho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Your Ride:N/A

Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:05 PM

Hi guys and girls, I just bought a 2009 renegade 800X, I always loved the renegade and when I found one for a great price on the used market I had to pull the trigger, especially with 2800 km on it, this thing goes like a bat out of hell, so fun to drive.... In the mean time I have done a lot of reading on these forums with these machines and have a few questions I was hoping to get clarified. 

Rear rack, I see this came up quite a bit, from my understanding you really do not want to go over 35 lbs on the rear of a G1 frame? My options seem to be the kimpex, one from wildboaratvparts, or the the one from rubberdown. I am leaning towards the one from wildboar due to the cheaper price, and the fact that with the weight restrictions there is not much point in putting the one from rubberdown allowing the OEM rack on the outlander. Anyone have experience with the racks from wild boar atv? It is 10 lbs which would leave me 25 lbs for either gear or extra fuel.

Rear bag, main reason I want a rear rack is to carry a small amount of fuel on bigger trips, but also to have a bag with a small back support for when I take my kid, I have a younger one who will be going on the back sometimes and having something back there will give me a bit of peace of mind. I was looking at the kolpin matrix seat bag, small and light, but also a bit of a support back there just in case someone falls asleep on me before I can stop. Any other recommendations? 

Chassis braces, again referring to the lack of support I read about on the rear of the G1 frames I had heard there is a chassis brace to improve the support in the rear? Does someone have a link to these? I have been unable to find them. Do they bolt in or are they welded in? 

There is an aftermarket air filter, its the twin air one, I had it off the other day cleaning it, is this pretty good or should I switch it back to stock if I get the chance? 

Thanks in advance, this is a very informative forum, I seem to even recognize a few names on here from the snowmobiles side which after years in the sport I had to get out of. 

#2 Skioutty

Skioutty

Advanced Member

• Moderators+
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,531 posts
  • Your Ride:08 800XT

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:37 PM

Welcome to Can Am Talk!

Some of the Renegade guys will be along to give you some answers.

Posted Image  :rotating can-am:Posted Image

Character is doing the right thing even when nobody is watching!

#3 stovepiper

stovepiper

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Interests:Anything with gas or gun powder
  • Your Ride:outlander 1000 xt cammo

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:47 PM

nice catch, Welcome.

#4 Skioutty

Skioutty

Advanced Member

• Moderators+
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,531 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:53 PM

This was one of the more recent topics about the steel frame mod:

http://www.can-amtal...4602-frame-mod/

#5 summitxho

summitxho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Your Ride:N/A

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:38 AM

thanks for the replies, looks like a little reading it in order on the frame mod, appreciate the link.

#6 Skioutty

Skioutty

Advanced Member

• Moderators+
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,531 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 07:41 PM

You welcome.

I would not hesitate in getting it done. 
There have been many many pictures with stories posted over the years. 

Sure it's a little extra weight but greatly reduces the chances of wrecking your frame. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users