#1 800vtwin

800vtwin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • Your Ride:Renegade 909

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:03 AM

Seems pretty dead around here now days. People actually like unorganized facebook groups as apposed to a nice fancy organized forum? 

I been busy doing family and business thing for a few years now. Just starting to be able to get some time again. Come here and its dead as a Honda forum. 

Seems like info sharing or maybe fighting and bashing is in tall order.

Who is all still here?

Dominant Powersports Tuning

#2 25TH INFANTRY

25TH INFANTRY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • Your Ride:2010 Renegade XXC 800R //// 2011 Outty XXC 800R

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:21 AM

I'm still here lol. Seems like it comes and goes as far as new topics. Seems like the good ol days of busy forums is over and that's all of them. Face book has taken over and as you say it's a mess, lots of potental good information never to be found years later. I have a question google search it and sure enough it's something we talked about here years earlier. Im still hoping the forums make a come back. Back to the epic clutch and engine builder disagreements, hell I even miss crazy "edit for bad language" mongoos/Willy/mudblooger lol.

#3 25TH INFANTRY

25TH INFANTRY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:24 AM

Glad to see you stop back in tho steve. A few months ago I started a thread asking about the ace, I think it got one response. So what's new with monster, what's the latest and greatest.

#4 XXC_1000

XXC_1000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Your Ride:2014 Can Am 1000 xxc

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:15 PM

A lot of forums died off. From Atv to truck performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 800vtwin

800vtwin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:42 PM

Oh geez. Ol' Willy. That boy was pretty off the wall. But yes, fun days.

Busy reprogramming factory ecu's now days. I don't have time to build stuff like Tune Monster ecu's or Monster Power Tuners. (Stuff that does more than fuel). Besides, I can do it all inside the factory ecu now days. Its cheaper and easier. And no tech support needed. Tech Support was / is a big time killer. 

About the only thing I will build now is Fuel Monster tuner. In limited time or numbers of course. But I have the Ace in works. I just won't release it until I have a great manual finished and a bunch of "how to" videos. As I don't want to tech support anything. Also thinking about a Titan tuner. These are just back burner stuff I work on. No real desire to push them. 

As for what they are. 

Fuel Monster tuner is what its always been. A 16x16 zone tuner / remapping device with optional autotuning capabilities. 

Titan tuner is a tuner with 8-16 preloaded maps. No laptop. Just switch mappings on fly. Its like having 8 or 16 different dobeck tuners all set at default. And you can just switch through them for the one you want/need. 

The Ace is a tuner with all tuners built in. Fuel monster, Titan tuner, 10x dobecks, PC3 / PC5, bazazz, turbo tuner. Everything. It can be used like any of them. Even import / use theirs maps. Can be used with or without a laptop. It runs 4 tuners in parallel so you can even switch between them at different rpms, different throttle positions etc. Or switch complete tuners with boost levels. Everything anybody ever wanted in one device. But... don't want to release until I have the time to do the online "knowledge centre" so I don't have to support it live at all. Might be this year, might be next. 

Flashing or reprogramming is my core business now. Most people want easy stuff. Or even just run slip on exhaust. And i can do all that right inside factory ecu.

I have a quite different approach. Every ecu reprogram is custom to that user and bike. Not blanket files like every other flash out there. (as they are just copies or extensions of canam race flashes) Its popular to fix those flashes. Like bad starting or idling because they shut off idle valves. Or actually setting fuel or ignition timing. Or fix that you can still connect with BUDS and do not loose DESS key security. Or fix cooling fan settings. (most either don't adjust or are set way to low so fan runs way too much)

I think that sums it up. And hopefully answers your Ace questions. 

Edited by 800vtwin, 18 May 2017 - 04:10 PM.

#6 7shortmag

7shortmag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,339 posts
  • Interests:Benchrest Shooting, Custom Gun Building, ATV Riding, Spending time with my family.
  • Your Ride:2010 Outty XTP, 975 MRRPM BBK, Modified QSC Primary, Modified STM Secondary, UHMW Frame Mod, GoHard Skid Plates, 26" Bighorn 1.0, ITP Rims, Stadium Shocks, HMF Swamp Series, Open Air Box, MRRPM Gen 2 Cams, Tune Monster ECM, Spark Monster, Port and Polished Heads, Greaseable Steering Stem Bushing, Brass A Arm Bushings, Billet Aluminum wheel hubs, Billet aluminum through shaft, 10" Rigid light bar, MRRPM remote oil filter adaptor, Remote oil cooler, More seat time than anyone else on the planet.

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:24 AM

Ya Steve, the forum died a couple of years ago.

Some of the old-timers are gone and never heard from again.

The good news is that there is a good core of us die-hard forum guys left. Not gonna mention any names because I don't want to leave anyone out.

We are trying, have been trying, to revive the forum. some days it has a pulse, some days it doesn't.

There were a couple of individuals that played a big hand in scaring members away too. they flexed their muscles and some veteran members said to he!! with it and left.

Rick Cecco got kicked out for something stupid. That was a big loss.

Glad to see you back.

Nobody Gets In to See The Wizard!, Not Nobody, Not No How!

#7 VtecGSR952000

VtecGSR952000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Your Ride:2011 Outlander 800XT

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:00 AM

Oh geez. Ol' Willy. That boy was pretty off the wall. But yes, fun days.

Busy reprogramming factory ecu's now days. I don't have time to build stuff like Tune Monster ecu's or Monster Power Tuners. (Stuff that does more than fuel). Besides, I can do it all inside the factory ecu now days. Its cheaper and easier. And no tech support needed. Tech Support was / is a big time killer. 

About the only thing I will build now is Fuel Monster tuner. In limited time or numbers of course. But I have the Ace in works. I just won't release it until I have a great manual finished and a bunch of "how to" videos. As I don't want to tech support anything. Also thinking about a Titan tuner. These are just back burner stuff I work on. No real desire to push them. 

As for what they are. 

Fuel Monster tuner is what its always been. A 16x16 zone tuner / remapping device with optional autotuning capabilities. 

Titan tuner is a tuner with 8-16 preloaded maps. No laptop. Just switch mappings on fly. Its like having 8 or 16 different dobeck tuners all set at default. And you can just switch through them for the one you want/need. 

The Ace is a tuner with all tuners built in. Fuel monster, Titan tuner, 10x dobecks, PC3 / PC5, bazazz, turbo tuner. Everything. It can be used like any of them. Even import / use theirs maps. Can be used with or without a laptop. It runs 4 tuners in parallel so you can even switch between them at different rpms, different throttle positions etc. Or switch complete tuners with boost levels. Everything anybody ever wanted in one device. But... don't want to release until I have the time to do the online "knowledge centre" so I don't have to support it live at all. Might be this year, might be next. 

Flashing or reprogramming is my core business now. Most people want easy stuff. Or even just run slip on exhaust. And i can do all that right inside factory ecu.

I have a quite different approach. Every ecu reprogram is custom to that user and bike. Not blanket files like every other flash out there. (as they are just copies or extensions of canam race flashes) Its popular to fix those flashes. Like bad starting or idling because they shut off idle valves. Or actually setting fuel or ignition timing. Or fix that you can still connect with BUDS and do not loose DESS key security. Or fix cooling fan settings. (most either don't adjust or are set way to low so fan runs way too much)

I think that sums it up. And hopefully answers your Ace questions. 

Steve,

if I am doing a Mav engine swap in a G1, can you help with any reflashing on this?  If so, can you let me know a little on pricing.....and is there any issues with shipping the ecm across the border?

#8 DaveB

DaveB

Can Am Warranty Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts
  • Your Ride:2016 Renegade 1000 XMR

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:20 PM

I saw "Titan tuner" and got a little excited...HEY I just bought a Titan! LOL....not for a Nissan tho eh...?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

2016 Renegade 1000 XMR: "Suck My Wake II"
QSC primary, STM secondary, Yoshimura, Monster EFI reflash,

Dobeck 3.0 Get Torqed tuned, Rigid LED,

skids, blue plasma rope.

2016 Outlander 570L DPS: "Tank"

BRP snorkel and rad relocate, 27" Outback XTs, LED,

blue plasma winch rope, Alpine Flex plow.

Past machines:
2012 Renegade 1000 XXC
2008 Outlander 400 EFI
2007 Outlander 800 XT
Lots of older non-BRP junk

#9 800vtwin

800vtwin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:29 PM

Steve,

if I am doing a Mav engine swap in a G1, can you help with any reflashing on this?  If so, can you let me know a little on pricing.....and is there any issues with shipping the ecm across the border?

Sure can.

#10 800vtwin

800vtwin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:31 PM

I saw "Titan tuner" and got a little excited...HEY I just bought a Titan! LOL....not for a Nissan tho eh...?

Lol. Ya, a couple years ago after I thought up that name.... I realized it was used elsewhere. Nissan.

But stuck with it anyway. Maybe. I guess we'll see if i ever have time to release it. 

#11 25TH INFANTRY

25TH INFANTRY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:12 PM

While i was at work today i got a few notifications to this thread and i was thinking, this is just what this place needs. One of the old most knowledgeable can am guys back, A guy that knows a lot about theses machines and can help people understand the technical art of fuel tuning  ect. i was excited to see steve post again and was looking forward to what he has going on and what he has to say. i looked for a long time on the web and even posted a thread asking about his new controller, that thread had 1 or two responses. This thread started out as a question "What happened to this site". I'm guessing because its basically dead, very few new threads and very very few that are interesting. Life support comes to mind when i think about this forum. now i understand there are some rules here but why in gods name would we be deleting posts. i truly can't imagine why that would happen. I've been here a long time and i want to see this forum come back and i guess I'm just frustrated by what that action will most likely cause. 

#12 7shortmag

7shortmag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,339 posts
  • Interests:Benchrest Shooting, Custom Gun Building, ATV Riding, Spending time with my family.
  • Your Ride:2010 Outty XTP, 975 MRRPM BBK, Modified QSC Primary, Modified STM Secondary, UHMW Frame Mod, GoHard Skid Plates, 26" Bighorn 1.0, ITP Rims, Stadium Shocks, HMF Swamp Series, Open Air Box, MRRPM Gen 2 Cams, Tune Monster ECM, Spark Monster, Port and Polished Heads, Greaseable Steering Stem Bushing, Brass A Arm Bushings, Billet Aluminum wheel hubs, Billet aluminum through shaft, 10" Rigid light bar, MRRPM remote oil filter adaptor, Remote oil cooler, More seat time than anyone else on the planet.

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:01 PM

While i was at work today i got a few notifications to this thread and i was thinking, this is just what this place needs. One of the old most knowledgeable can am guys back, A guy that knows a lot about theses machines and can help people understand the technical art of fuel tuning  ect. i was excited to see steve post again and was looking forward to what he has going on and what he has to say. i looked for a long time on the web and even posted a thread asking about his new controller, that thread had 1 or two responses. This thread started out as a question "What happened to this site". I'm guessing because its basically dead, very few new threads and very very few that are interesting. Life support comes to mind when i think about this forum. now i understand there are some rules here but why in gods name would we be deleting posts. i truly can't imagine why that would happen. I've been here a long time and i want to see this forum come back and i guess I'm just frustrated by what that action will most likely cause. 

I agree 100%. This sucks............

Nobody Gets In to See The Wizard!, Not Nobody, Not No How!

#13 800vtwin

800vtwin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:25 AM

Ya. Crazy.
I guess there is no mention of a website or putting a number with $ in front. Or post is deleted. No warning.

Kinda questions why anyone would want to sponsor site. Dead site seems to come from the ways it's ran. The Moderators.

It was awesome when they opened a chat room. Then sad when moderators killed it too.

I have lots of info to share. But I am not sure this is the site to do it on.

#14 stovepiper

stovepiper

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:Anything with gas or gun powder
  • Your Ride:outlander 1000 xt cammo

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:45 PM

I get why it was hidden. Lets not get our panties in a twist, rules are rules. There is other ways to share info.

#15 ponyboy96

ponyboy96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Your Ride:2011 Renegade 500

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:54 PM

Some folks are still around. I'm a newbie compared to you guys.

2011 Can Am Renegade 500 - Elka's Front & Rear - Working on the rider mod.

#16 bigunner1

bigunner1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Your Ride:13 Outty XT 1000

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:05 PM

I still poke around here. I have a fake Facebook account just for groups that killed these forums. Not a fan of having all my personal info out there, plus don't need relatives and whatnot poking around my business lol. But Steve is right, so messy and searching sucks. When I need info and google it, it usually brings me here. 

#17 Airbornekat

Airbornekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Your Ride:2016 can-am Outlander L 570

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:06 PM

I use this site for all my questions/concerns on my wife and I's first Can-ams.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users