• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 7shortmag

7shortmag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,339 posts
  • Interests:Benchrest Shooting, Custom Gun Building, ATV Riding, Spending time with my family.
  • Your Ride:2010 Outty XTP, 975 MRRPM BBK, Modified QSC Primary, Modified STM Secondary, UHMW Frame Mod, GoHard Skid Plates, 26" Bighorn 1.0, ITP Rims, Stadium Shocks, HMF Swamp Series, Open Air Box, MRRPM Gen 2 Cams, Tune Monster ECM, Spark Monster, Port and Polished Heads, Greaseable Steering Stem Bushing, Brass A Arm Bushings, Billet Aluminum wheel hubs, Billet aluminum through shaft, 10" Rigid light bar, MRRPM remote oil filter adaptor, Remote oil cooler, More seat time than anyone else on the planet.

Posted 08 May 2017 - 12:44 PM

Get well soon, Mark!

https://l.facebook.c...hM22fR38HmS1l2g

Nobody Gets In to See The Wizard!, Not Nobody, Not No How!

#2 KWIK RACING INC.

KWIK RACING INC.

W. F. O.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts
  • Interests:NHRA Drag Racing - GNCC Racing - CMR Championship Mud Racing - Supercross - FMX - X Games - Snow and Water Skiing - PWC Racing
  • Your Ride:2007 Renegade (stolen) 2010 Renegade Xxc (present)

Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:52 PM

yup.! 10 minutes into the ride and i was in a rut on the trail . A little to close to the left bank so i steered  right and the machine  jumped over the rut and onto the right bank and climbed it a bit and i tipped over. Was not even going that fast . Still looks like i was sitting on the machine when i was on the ground after she tipped over. lol

Anyways the way i hit with my left side of the body on the edge of the rut , i ended up with a factured rib that sits right underneath the left shoulder blade. It ended up colapsing a small portion of the lung which the doctor said will come back by itself and i also bruised all the tissue around the left lung. The doctor in the ER showed me my X rays and explained them to me. The pain is so extreme now a day later that i had to get some good pain killer. Not fun at all. it really sucks but it is what it is. Now to heal and then a few minor repairs to the machine. What a crappy accident but not bad for the mileage i have logged in 10 years and the racing i do here. This was our club poker rally and over 100 machines turned up. Too bad i was down and out only after 10 minutes. lol.

Joe, i sent you a pm also. i think i need another one of your G1 steering stem holders sir. Let me know. Thanks.

Edited by KWIK RACING INC., 08 May 2017 - 10:54 PM.

-----------------------------------------------
2010 CAM-AM G1 GT RENEGADE XXC 1000RR MAVERICK MOTOR ... with other goodies..
Stock Bore 1000 making 102.98 RWHP / NA

#3 ozymax

ozymax

Ozy for short.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts
  • Interests:Quad riding.
    Geocaching.
    Radio controlled helicopters.
    Hiking.
    4x4 touring this great country.
  • Your Ride:2012 G2 Outlander 650 Max XT

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:52 AM

Bummer to here you got injured, but you walked away, so that's a good thing.

Take it easy and hope you get well soon.

#4 25TH INFANTRY

25TH INFANTRY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • Your Ride:2010 Renegade XXC 800R //// 2011 Outty XXC 800R

Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:31 PM

Just saw the video on FB. Glad your ok Mark, hopes for a speedy recovery! 

#5 moosehenden

moosehenden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts
  • Interests:Riding, hunting, fishing, and paintball.
  • Your Ride:09 Renegade 500 and 2012 Can-Am Outlander Max XT-P 650

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:02 PM

Hope you heal up fast. 

#6 Skioutty

Skioutty

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,512 posts
  • Your Ride:08 800XT

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:02 PM

Rest up Kevin.

Between quads and sleds I've had a good track record but this winter I had my 1st ever incident. I got tossed off my sled as I was crossing a collapsed water bar that I did not see till I was on top of it.  So I went over the bars and my sled continued into a small tree somewhere between the size of a coffee can and a spackle bucket. This was in Northern Maine after a huge warm up of more than 10 days above 40 degrees. Before the warm up there was over 5 feet on the ground and about 20 inches the day it happened. I was going about 35 or so and thankfully only bruised my hip.  I know any faster would have been much much worse.   

150x150_forum_signature_alpha__0011_F-15  :rotating can-am:49a32012ba348129e43bc509332344f6.jpg

Character is doing the right thing even when nobody is watching!

#7 KWIK RACING INC.

KWIK RACING INC.

W. F. O.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts
  • Interests:NHRA Drag Racing - GNCC Racing - CMR Championship Mud Racing - Supercross - FMX - X Games - Snow and Water Skiing - PWC Racing
  • Your Ride:2007 Renegade (stolen) 2010 Renegade Xxc (present)

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:16 AM

Rest up Kevin.

Between quads and sleds I've had a good track record but this winter I had my 1st ever incident. I got tossed off my sled as I was crossing a collapsed water bar that I did not see till I was on top of it.  So I went over the bars and my sled continued into a small tree somewhere between the size of a coffee can and a spackle bucket. This was in Northern Maine after a huge warm up of more than 10 days above 40 degrees. Before the warm up there was over 5 feet on the ground and about 20 inches the day it happened. I was going about 35 or so and thankfully only bruised my hip.  I know any faster would have been much much worse.   

haha. I think you are thinking of someone else. I'm Mark.  Thanks for caring thou.

2010 CAM-AM G1 GT RENEGADE XXC 1000RR MAVERICK MOTOR ... with other goodies..
Stock Bore 1000 making 102.98 RWHP / NA

#8 Skioutty

Skioutty

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,512 posts
  • Your Ride:08 800XT

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:59 PM

Hahaha........Brain fart!

Sorry Mark.  :)

150x150_forum_signature_alpha__0011_F-15  :rotating can-am:49a32012ba348129e43bc509332344f6.jpg

Character is doing the right thing even when nobody is watching!

#9 ponyboy96

ponyboy96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Your Ride:2011 Renegade 500

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:48 AM

Man that sucks. Didn't look like much of a rut either. Just goes to show that it can happen to anyone in even the most mundane situation. Hope you get better soon.

Edited by ponyboy96, 11 May 2017 - 12:00 PM.

2011 Can Am Renegade 500 - Elka's Front & Rear - Working on the rider mod.

#10 moosehenden

moosehenden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts
  • Interests:Riding, hunting, fishing, and paintball.
  • Your Ride:09 Renegade 500 and 2012 Can-Am Outlander Max XT-P 650

Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:08 PM

Man that sucks. Didn't look like much of a rut either. Just goes to show that it can happen to anyone in even the most mundane situation. Hope you get better soon.

One of the guys I ride with in So. Maine even made it onto North Woods Law on the Animal Planet channel. Hit a rut in the edge of a waterhole and went flying. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users