4 replies to this topic

#1 tg7

tg7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Your Ride:2012 Can Am 1000 XT

Posted 07 May 2017 - 09:31 AM

Looking for primary and secondary clutch advice for 2014 outlander 1000 27" tires. Ride in northern Michigan Sandy trails, dunes and fire lane roads (fast). Appears clutch kit from reading posts is little advantage. Hard hit me to justify spending over $1000 for QSC etc... however would consider half that much for CVTech. Would this be noticeable and if so what set up is along with secondary spring. Thanks Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 stovepiper

stovepiper

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:Anything with gas or gun powder
  • Your Ride:outlander 1000 xt cammo

Posted 07 May 2017 - 10:44 AM

Well I tell ya, I just sprung for a QSC and it was worth every penny. The performance difference is insane and yes to the kit being a total waist of cash. Been there done that!

#3 tg7

tg7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:17 AM

QSC has a very good reputation... can a percentage improvement be estimated QSC over CVTech or is this subjective? Thanks

#4 25TH INFANTRY

25TH INFANTRY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • Your Ride:2010 Renegade XXC 800R //// 2011 Outty XXC 800R

Posted 08 May 2017 - 12:16 PM

I have messed with the oem clutch with Qsc weights and also dalton kits, altho they have there place there is very limited return. i just bit the bullet and got my first full primary, i have about 1000 miles on it. i have the REVx it is for sure superior to the oem set up, it just grips and pulls hard. the price tag is hard to get over but after you have it you will not want to ride a quad with out one. i run the rev with the stock secondly and stock secondary spring. i went with the stock secondary to Try it out and see how it performed and i really like the aggressive engine break the poem secondary has. its been said even an stm secondary with the engine break hex is a waste, as it reacts the same as a non engine break hex. i don't listen to every ones option on this as some say there is a difference, i listen to people that have a good track record for knowing what there talking about. in the future i may and will probably end up with the stm secondary to try out, it is something that a lot of people want so if i don't like it there is a market to sell it in and get a good amount of your money back.

I don't know much about the CVtech but can say i almost pulled the trigger on one. It is cheaper but after you add in the cost of the STM secondary its more, people i talked to that set up The CVtech said it does not like the stock secondary for sure and needs the stm  secondary to run good. 

hope that helps. 

#5 tg7

tg7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 05:55 PM

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users