52 replies to this topic

#1 Little Bear

Little Bear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Your Ride:2016 outlander L

Posted 03 November 2016 - 11:33 AM

I just bought new 2016 outlander L and I am very unhappy with the noises it makes. 20 mph it makes a very annoying wow wow wow noise and at lower speeds it makes all kinds of what I think is belt noises. Dealer says it is normal,I can't believe BRP would make and sell such a sick sounding machine. I have a 600ACE snow machine and it is beautiful one of the main reasons i bought a BRP quad. anybody else having this problem?

#2 rocketdog471

rocketdog471

rocketdog471

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Interests:tits and tires
  • Your Ride:2015 XMR 1000, 2010 800max XT, 2016 450 max, And a ds 90 for the little canamers

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:34 PM

I got a 2016 450max L and love it

can I ask did you even test drive it???2016 canam2.jpg

Edited by rocketdog471, 03 November 2016 - 04:35 PM.

Rocketdog

#3 Little Bear

Little Bear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:23 PM

No I didn't. I have a 600 ACE and love it and dealer said it was the same or every bit has good. I have no trouble with the dealer and assumed it would be good . Like I said I can't believe BRP would try and sell something like that. There is nobody would be happy with it.

#4 7shortmag

7shortmag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,339 posts
  • Interests:Benchrest Shooting, Custom Gun Building, ATV Riding, Spending time with my family.
  • Your Ride:2010 Outty XTP, 975 MRRPM BBK, Modified QSC Primary, Modified STM Secondary, UHMW Frame Mod, GoHard Skid Plates, 26" Bighorn 1.0, ITP Rims, Stadium Shocks, HMF Swamp Series, Open Air Box, MRRPM Gen 2 Cams, Tune Monster ECM, Spark Monster, Port and Polished Heads, Greaseable Steering Stem Bushing, Brass A Arm Bushings, Billet Aluminum wheel hubs, Billet aluminum through shaft, 10" Rigid light bar, MRRPM remote oil filter adaptor, Remote oil cooler, More seat time than anyone else on the planet.

Posted 04 November 2016 - 06:37 AM

That does sound like it could be belt noise, or possible rear diff, or also possibly gearbox.

I assume it's under warranty, get he dealer to fix it.

Nobody Gets In to See The Wizard!, Not Nobody, Not No How!

#5 Little Bear

Little Bear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 06:35 PM

That does sound like it could be belt noise, or possible rear diff, or also possibly gearbox.

I assume it's under warranty, get he dealer to fix it.

It is new , under 100 miles on it. The quad has a 5 year warranty and if they find the problem it should be covered.

#6 Bokbok454

Bokbok454

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts
  • Interests:Life
    Anything with an engine, motor or shiny stuff.
  • Your Ride:2008 Renegade X, 2003 Traxter XT, Modded 12 Valve Cummins

Posted 04 November 2016 - 06:51 PM

I read quite a few people having similar problems on these new L models. . (the other forum).
While I agree it shouldn't make tons of noise, mine doesn't, many have gotten some relief
Switching to the gates belt.
I know, you shouldn't have to.
Many had their dealers say the exact same thing, the excess noise is normal. Out of desperation to resolve it they swapped belts to gates and made some progress.
Cvts make some noise. Not that much though.

Something to think about trying. At least the gates belt is relatively inexpensive and is a really good alternative to the stock belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31EeQ_zpse3523af1.gif

#7 7shortmag

7shortmag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,339 posts
  • Interests:Benchrest Shooting, Custom Gun Building, ATV Riding, Spending time with my family.
  • Your Ride:2010 Outty XTP, 975 MRRPM BBK, Modified QSC Primary, Modified STM Secondary, UHMW Frame Mod, GoHard Skid Plates, 26" Bighorn 1.0, ITP Rims, Stadium Shocks, HMF Swamp Series, Open Air Box, MRRPM Gen 2 Cams, Tune Monster ECM, Spark Monster, Port and Polished Heads, Greaseable Steering Stem Bushing, Brass A Arm Bushings, Billet Aluminum wheel hubs, Billet aluminum through shaft, 10" Rigid light bar, MRRPM remote oil filter adaptor, Remote oil cooler, More seat time than anyone else on the planet.

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:11 PM

I have a used Gates G Force that I took off my bike. Don't remember why. It's in good shape.

If you want to try it, I will give it to you for free if you pay the ride.

Nobody Gets In to See The Wizard!, Not Nobody, Not No How!

#8 Redfire427

Redfire427

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiling, photography
  • Your Ride:2016 Outlander 570 XT

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:27 PM

I test drove a 450L and also found it to be strangely noisy. I opted for the 570XT and  am very happy with it.

#9 Little Bear

Little Bear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 08:27 AM

I have a used Gates G Force that I took off my bike. Don't remember why. It's in good shape.

If you want to try it, I will give it to you for free if you pay the ride.

I will see what my dealer does, I left it there last week and not heard from him yet. Thank you for your offer.

#10 Little Bear

Little Bear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:38 AM

Must not be many  570 outlander L machines sold, not many responses. Going to see my dealer today and see what he has done.

#11 Airbornekat

Airbornekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Your Ride:2016 can-am Outlander L 570

Posted 07 November 2016 - 05:29 PM

I just purchased the 2016 Outlander L 570 in September. I went out riding twice so far. I vaguely remember mine also making this noise and figured it was normal for this brand since it was a brand new machine that was dealer assembled the day I bought it. Only had dealer inspection mileage on it and that was maybe 1/10 of a mile. I will pay closer attention to the noise next ride. I did purchase a 4 year extended warranty with it.

#12 Skioutty

Skioutty

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,512 posts
  • Your Ride:08 800XT

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:54 PM

I do not know the 570 at all, but I do l know that for years there have been guys who say that their machine sounds weird. It's been a long time since mine was new but mine make more / different noises than my son's Honda or his previous Kawasaki. 

Like others have said, try the belt....not a bad idea to have a spare anyway.

150x150_forum_signature_alpha__0011_F-15  :rotating can-am:49a32012ba348129e43bc509332344f6.jpg

Character is doing the right thing even when nobody is watching!

#13 Little Bear

Little Bear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:57 PM

I just purchased the 2016 Outlander L 570 in September. I went out riding twice so far. I vaguely remember mine also making this noise and figured it was normal for this brand since it was a brand new machine that was dealer assembled the day I bought it. Only had dealer inspection mileage on it and that was maybe 1/10 of a mile. I will pay closer attention to the noise next ride. I did purchase a 4 year extended warranty with it.

Mine came with a five year warranty, part of the L package does that mean you have 9 years ????

#14 Little Bear

Little Bear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 07:08 PM

I do not know the 570 at all, but I do l know that for years there have been guys who say that their machine sounds weird. It's been a long time since mine was new but mine make more / different noises than my son's Honda or his previous Kawasaki. 

Like others have said, try the belt....not a bad idea to have a spare anyway.

Talked to the dealer today, they have had it for a week now and never mentioned the belt. He is talking about a shim in the rear differential . I am really disappointed we are talking about a new machine. I jumped ship from polaris but maybe made a big mistake. Like I said earlier I'm very impressed with my 600 ACE expedition sport and dealer said quad was every bid has good.So far bulls&%%$^t

#15 Airbornekat

Airbornekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:58 PM

Mine came with a five year warranty, part of the L package does that mean you have 9 years ????

No, not 9 years. There was no warranty package when I purchased it. It was already marked down from msrp. Throw in service fee, doc fee, shipping fee, assembly fee and what not it brought it back to msrp.

Factory warranty is 6 months, or so the dealership told me. I purchased an additional 4 year extended factory warranty for $999.00 So in total I'm covered for 4 years and 6 months. About $250 a year for piece of mind...except for normal wear and tear parts.

This is my first belt driven anything, so I'm not too sure what to expect noise wise. I just read through these forums and learn from others experience. What I read on one of these discussions it sounds like the pinion gears in the rear diff don't mesh perfectly either cause of poor tooling or craftsmanship. So far sounds like it's in the L...aka budget models.

I don't know about the removing shims...is that what is suggested by the factory?

#16 Little Bear

Little Bear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:14 PM

No, not 9 years. There was no warranty package when I purchased it. It was already marked down from msrp. Throw in service fee, doc fee, shipping fee, assembly fee and what not it brought it back to msrp.

Factory warranty is 6 months, or so the dealership told me. I purchased an additional 4 year extended factory warranty for $999.00 So in total I'm covered for 4 years and 6 months. About $250 a year for piece of mind...except for normal wear and tear parts.

This is my first belt driven anything, so I'm not too sure what to expect noise wise. I just read through these forums and learn from others experience. What I read on one of these discussions it sounds like the pinion gears in the rear diff don't mesh perfectly either cause of poor tooling or craftsmanship. So far sounds like it's in the L...aka budget models.

I don't know about the removing shims...is that what is suggested by the factory?

I don't know who suggested the shim idea, It is what the dealer told me that  they are going to try.

#17 Airbornekat

Airbornekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:28 PM

Better the dealership to make those changes while under warranty. Did the dealership say the waa waa waa waa noise was not normal for these machines and say something is definitely wrong? I read your first post where they said it was normal. What made them change their mind and look into the issue further?

Edited by Airbornekat, 07 November 2016 - 09:32 PM.

#18 Little Bear

Little Bear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:35 AM

Better the dealership to make those changes while under warranty. Did the dealership say the waa waa waa waa noise was not normal for these machines and say something is definitely wrong? I read your first post where they said it was normal. What made them change their mind and look into the issue further?

I'm not sure just what happened. I went there yesterday to check on my machine and everybody in the place that seen me turned and went the other way. I got to talk to one guy, parts man/ service man and he mumbled something about a shim and they might get at early this week. I'm going back today and I will  find out what is happening. Have to say I never have been treated like that before at that dealership.This is not my first machine that I got from them.

#19 Airbornekat

Airbornekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:00 AM

They probably know your upset.  If you been in there a couple times already, and the floor guys know who you are, they may already know you're not there to buy a machine, so they don't want to spend their time on you when they might miss a potential sale, or avoiding conflict, or simple don't have the answer your looking for?  It's easy to get frustrated when you spend this kind of money on what is supposed to be a superior product in materials and craftsmanship.  Also, I don't think dealerships make much money on warranty work.

I'm going to try and throw my quad on some jacks tonight and see if it makes the sound with rear wheels off the ground.  I will try and record the sound too.  Different brands, make different noises.  Did they compare the noise to any of their same model machines on the floor?  I know the 2017's are out in full, didn't know if they had a '16 left to compare it too.  That's where I would start if I wasn't sure, but that's none of my business. :P

#20 Airbornekat

Airbornekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 03:43 PM

There is another post titled waa waa noise while driving. Have you read through that one? Sounds very similar to what yours is doing, and there is a you-tube video with sound.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users